Sick Bike Parts New 21T Jackshaft Sprocket

Aw, that's a pity. No one can tell me where to buy a decent 10T output sprocket from.. or even direct me to the least awful aftermarket one. Got no responses to my thread asking about it. =/

I understand that, of course, and I hope you sell lots and lots of the exciting new products you've developed.

Let me put it this way: Do you guys think there will be a big demand for a good 10T output sprocket?

Let me put it this way: Do you guys think there will be a big demand for a good 10T output sprocket?

If I was asked to guess, which is all I can do, I'd say yes. Reading the forum there's nothing but complaints about stock HT output sprockets, some are too thick for a 410 BMX chain and people end up having to grind them; all seem to be badly eccentric and no one has recommended me a good one. I know how annoying it is on my BMX bikes when the front chainring gets out of true, and it makes sense from a mechanical perspective especially on a short chain to have very good concentricity. As I haven't got a shift kit yet I don't know how much it'll bug me if the chain goes loose then snaps tight 1000 times per minute or how severe the loose-tight-loose-tight action will be. I'm sure Fabian will elaborate on that though.

yes i want one now

my last two sprockets have been dreadful

the out of roundness causes an oscillation which runs through the drivetrain and rear suspension

I get that same ocilation with my 10 tooth gear from sickbikeparts. it is quite annoying. the 11 tooth does not do that.

OK!

Tell me this. Are they all clones ie the same??? I can only recall seeing one type, but I've burned by that one before.

Battery, please provide evidence that one of the jackshaft sprockets you bought from us was in anyway out of round. We have these machined special for us in the USA and they are not out of true. If you can prove it please send it back and I will give you 2 new ones for free.

There is no question that the engine output sprockets are dreadfully out of round. Pablo and I just made the decision tonight to pursue a high quality round engine output sprocket made in the USA. We will let you guys know when it is available.

it would be too much work mailing it back and the whole rigamarol for as inexpensive as it is. could possibly be the keyway maybe? it was difficult to fit the 10T but the 11 slides on easy. how much differance would there need in offset to cause oscilation? I will have to find my or buy a new verneer caliper.

Back