Sick Bike Parts New 21T Jackshaft Sprocket

I wonder how well that very sparkly loooking LHS sideplate takes polishing and anodizing/electroplating... I'll have to ask my expert contact about that.... Okay, asked him. :)

Of course I don't even know if that's the final product shown in the pic, it might be shinier like the spiders...

Last edited:
Because it's very shiny and made entirely from half links, and they are lighter, and they are easily replaceable, get lots of them from a single chain because they're short. :cool:

Been told yeah the LHS plate's fine but looks bead blasted. can't polish but can anodize keeping the texture.. as long as it is ally not some weird stuff. So snazzy colours will be fine to just get done ourselves as and when and what we need or prefer, then we can all be unique and custom. Get it matched to your other mountainbike components if you like. :)

so turns out there was nothing wrong with my sbp sprocket. both the left and right side chains were so stretched that it caused the serious oscillation in the bike. and chewed up my gears a bit. I do ride the bike rather hard. I mean I tear it up! but I also soak the chain in chain lube every other day. the motor is starting to ping a little. I hope my piston doesn't go flying through the head!

so turns out there was nothing wrong with my sbp sprocket.

From past experience, i have "never" had a problem with SickBikeParts components, except for the "lack of components" which has now been corrected with the newly released left hand side chain tensioner and the right hand side chain tensioner.

The chain has 800 miles on it before the shift kit. Then another 200 miles with it on. And I live in an area that Heavilly salts the roads. Guys it's time to invest in a new 415 chain and a three master links so I can replace ethe left side 415 every 500 miles maybe?

Interesting how everyone has different operating experiences.

I typically get 4,000 kilometers (2,500 miles) out of the left hand side 415 chain (to 100% stretch), and i get around 6,000 kilometers (3,700 miles) out of the SickBikeParts 17 tooth jackshaft sprocket as well as the 10 tooth Chinese output shaft sprocket.

The right hand side jackshaft chain and bicycle final drive chain to the rear cassette typically lasts 1,000 kilometers (600 miles) to 100% stretch.

I must add that i don't live in a excessively cold climate with heavy snow that requires the roads to be salted.

the pavement here is covered in salt and sand and is a very hilly location where I live. my every gear is very torn up. mainly the chineese output sprocket. it is in desperate need of replacement! in fact I am going to start the hunt for a new one now.

I have an update for all related to the 21 tooth sprocket. I did install one on Friday and it was easier than I expected. It was as simple as adding 2 links to the chain, removing one of the 1/8 inch shims between the engine and rear mount and adding 3 of the thin shims. Can't report back on any performance aspects though as it has been raining like crazy in Washington Sate.

Back