Sick Bike Parts Shifter Kit

I have a sick bike parts shifter kit I am looking to sell.

Its been used for about 200 miles. The plastic chain guard got cracked in two places when a chain snapped off but I have it plastic cemented back together. It does have the usual knicks and dings you can expect from the normal use of a motored bike.

It does have a brand new front free wheel and crank that was replaced by sick bike parts.

I'll take pictures if anyones interested.

This is a question for pablo (if he is still following the thread)

I have a line at a highly discounted worksman bike wheel (11 guage spokes, 7 speed internal shifter). It however has a coaster brake (which I do not want to engage accidentally). Would I be correct in the assumption that this the freewheel crank would likely prevent me from accidentally engaging the coaster bake by dissasociating backwards pedalling from chain engagement?

Louis

Pablo will confirm this, I assume, but you are correct. Reverse motion of the pedals is not transferred thru the freewheel to the chainwheel.

I cannot think of an instance that this could engage the coaster brake but with most of them you can remove the brake arm and completely disable it anyway.

I cannot think of an instance that this could engage the coaster brake but with most of them you can remove the brake arm and completely disable it anyway.

depending on the manufacturer model concerned you can also get a covertor to make it into what is effectively a standard lever hub brake... Im lary of the thought of someone trying to ride a bike with a shift kit and only having one brake...

Jemma xx

I already have front and rear caliper brakes. My concern was that...being used to a rear freewheel as opposed to a rear coaster break...it is more than conceivable that I would absentmindedly engage said coaster break by pedalling backwards with potentially alarming results.

Back