Sick Bikes air filter... Best $30 you can spend in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

motoschwinn

You know I bought a few extras for Motoschwinn II. Most was junk. And frankly I thought plunking down $30 (shipping included) for a air filter was nuts, but I'd had a few... or 6.. so I ordered it.

And I will tell you, this IS the best $30 you can spend on your bike.

Fits like a glove, BIG filter and quality is top notch.

I noticed a tad more power pulling my really fat *** up hills.... If this is what SICK has for us now, I can only dream of what the next year will bring.

Motoschwinn II

Attachments

• sickac1.jpg
    sickac1.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 1,086
  • sickac2.jpg
    sickac2.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 641
  • sickac3.jpg
    sickac3.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 483
  • sickac4.jpg
    sickac4.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 1,285
Appreciate it man. We are sold out.....the new filters will be in production in the next day or two. The first batch sold quick.

I just know I'm gonna need some more heat in the shop the hours I spend out there packaging stuff!!!

We are already nearly half way through our second batch of air filters.

Suggestion: I used blue (low strength) Loctite on my screws, just in case, but it seems like it's not necessary with the supplied lock washers.

cleaning the filter ??

Pablo, I have one of your terrific air filters and am very pleased with it, however one question is can they be cleaned? or not needed as this the type of paper filter thats good for 12,000 miles like a car filter? thats OK! as its far more than the life span of a chinese 2 stroke.

Pablo, I have one of your terrific air filters and am very pleased with it, however one question is can they be cleaned? or not needed as this the type of paper filter thats good for 12,000 miles like a car filter? thats OK! as its far more than the life span of a chinese 2 stroke.

Pretty much as you state, but it can be vacuumed from the outside or gently blown out from the inside.

If its a paper filter, watch out for oil soaking it up. Some 2 strokes are notorious for spitting back a fair amount of fuel mixture causing the paper element to get soaking wet and resulting in greater restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back