Side mount 36V 900W Sprocket design

D

Dockspa1

Man, I just recieved my stuff from an auction I won on Ebay. It consisted of a 36 Volt, 900 Watt motor, 900 Watt 36 Volt controller, a complete wire harness including the tail and turn signals for less than $40.00 including shipping.
This will be a first for me rigging a side mount up instead of the hub mount.
It was used but guaranteed.
I have 3 12 Volt 20AH batteries to hook up. (Salty).
Am thinking of making a wild 12.5 inch wheeled ebike out of one of my old 26"ers. Thus, no need for any regearing or giant shieving. Might have to extend the legs on the bike in order to be able to pedal all the way around without hitting the ground.
I weigh in over 250 lbs and my wifes hub motor with 24 volt pushes me around fairly well so, I am hoping that this 36-900 will push me around with ease.
Has anyone ever tried this before?
Will probably look funny but when you look like me, you just don't care as much about looks any more. I'm more interested in traveling far and silent like a stealth. Ha Ha!
Any info would be appreciated. :D:)
Doc

900W....couldn't u get anything bigger. :)
Kiddin....it sounds like a powerhouse and i would be interested to see any pics.

I, too, would be interested in seeing pictures of this "side mount" kit and how it's set up. I have a motor taken off an old Currie Mongoose ebike, and I've been looking for some way to use it on another bicycle. It ws also a side mount. It mounted on the left side of the bike, and the rear wheel had freewheels on both sides, one for the pedals and one for the motor. The problem was that special hub was rather cheaply made and tore up very easily, and after replacing it three times in only about five months, I just couldn't afford to keep using it. If you can, please post a post-setup picture!

Robert

I understand the interest but give me some time to put it together. Don't know if I should keep the # 25 chain or go bigger. They use these motors on the newer electric scooters that look like the honda 250 cruiser scooters.
I'll get some pics of the parts maybe tommorow.

Robert, I'll PM you, I don't want to be steppin' on Doc's thread too much. It looks like it may get pretty interesting.:cool:

Looking forward to the pics Doc.:D

So far not much to see. Here is the beginnigs.

Attachments

• P1010051.JPG
    P1010051.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 642
  • P1010055.JPG
    P1010055.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 621
Back