Side swiped by a large pick up truck a few minutes ago

You know what they say, you lose one sense and your other ones become more keen. I'm sure deaf people notice cyclists much more than their 5 sensed counterparts.

I think you should just upgrade the fender large, it looks good on the bike and... remember when you had to ride in the rain? Fenders help a ton to keep you comfortable in the wet. A rear fender will also help keep the titan clean, otherwise that jackshaft is going to need more maintenance.

What's funny is that I turn my engine off when I cross an intersection. I pedal across.
I could have been a mom pushing a stroller. It's not like I saw the walk sign and I went for it. The right on red guy was right on WRONG for not looking ahead of him,never mind crossing the crosswalk clearly marked. There's a law I believe that when you want to make a right on red,you must STOP BEFORE A CROSSWALK then proceed when THERE'S NO ONE AT THE CORNER OR CROSSWALK!!!!
Yea,I like my fender there. I just need to give it enough clearance. And Augi,flatulence is a special thing.:D I actually went over to Cronus and loosened up the frame mounts. Fixed it! It moved freely and I tightened her down.
It's smooth again. Later I'll work on that rear wheel.

Large, this is exactly the reason you should be helmeted. You NEVER know when something is going to happen. Even if you don't like to wear one, do it for your wife and kids. Had your head gone smack on the pavement, who knows what condition you would be in.

Yea. It's not that I don't want to wear on as much as I need the money to get one.
But that man could have kept right on going. Norton Frickey could be talking with me at the Hospital right now.
Helmet. Need Helmet. Helmets are cool.
Helmets are cool.

yer right, large..."right on red" means treat it like a regular stop-sign, you're still supposed to stop & look. seems he treated it as a "free right"...that is a whole 'nother animal, usually never found in a city.

No worries, Augi...I didn't take it personally, just wanted to add my $0.02.

Them hurricanes ran you far away! :) My wife wanted to leave, too, but I don't want to get land-locked. I've been surfing since I'm 13 years old - not a pro by any means, but it's still my thing, and I'll be a surfer for my entire life and can never live too far from the ocean. (I surf at Lake Worth Pier.) I am the crazy guy who looks forward to the hurricanes - not the ones that hit land, but the ones that generate swells and don't bother anybody. :) We lived in Miami, and got creamed by Andrew...moved up here and been in the eye of 3 more storms! But it's still worth it - I live in paradise. :)

Well, except for the crazy senior drivers... I still think I'm safer on sidewalks of busier roads - I just coast through driveways and intersections slowly so I can take action if necessary.

I just installed a Mirrycycle mirror. WOW! Get one. Cheap on eBay.

Glad to hear you're okay, Large. I second the helmet notion. Maybe get this guy to kick in $40-$50 for the helmet when he's buyin your replacement parts.

This kind of scenario is why I also take my lane when approaching an intersection. It's your right as either a motorcyclist or bicyclist to take the whole lane. I also stop left of the right hand turn lane at lights, or take the whole right lane if there isn't one.

Back