Side to side crank slack ( wrong term?)

I've seen many like that and a bit worse that still ran. As for floating to center with excess end play unfortunately not because the beveled gear on the drive/clutch side pushes the crank toward the magneto side and this is why this is the most common seal to have issues with.
I guess if I had a 2 stroke I would of know that :LOL:
Leave it to China to design a crankcase bearing bore that don't have a lip for the crank bearing to rest on.
I guess that seal retainer Karl posted is the best solution.

Leave it to China to design a crankcase bearing boar that don't have a lip for the crank bearing to rest on.
I only ever had them act that way when the bearings were shot. I don't accept any play I can feel, none at all. That thing is swinging a ball smasher,

right below my nuts and a big can of flammable turn me into a monster dude if it ignites gasoline. The last thing I want it to do while I am

hammering the crap out of it, is to break. I happen to be firmly attached to my nuts, and like them right where they are, exactly how they are.

Those china beer can jugs are all that strong. lol

Leave it to China to design a crankcase bearing boar that don't have a lip for the crank bearing to rest on.
Most do have a seat for the bearing but excessive end play still has an effect on the seal.

I just checked mine again, while there is a tiny amount of play in it, I think it's in tolerance. I thought it was worse than it was.

Back