Sidewinder.

I put color coding on my shifters and can do all shifting with my left hand. I use a triple chainring shift kit. The only time a front chainring is shifted is when either in rear sprockets (3) or (5). Notice how the chain is always in a fairly straight line. Only the slightest of cross-chaining at times. Take-off gears are 1(1) for starts going up steep hills and 2(3) for all other starts.
IMG_20220824_132527.jpg
20210704_204950.jpg

I can't believe anyone would ride on a rural road so slow. Does
anyone ever get in back of you and beep their horn? You
certainly have a lot of patience. If it were me, I would juist buy
a 125cc scooter to handle those hills and keep up with
traffic. It certainly is an invention, a little like the guys who
first invented airplanes!!

I can't believe anyone would ride on a rural road so slow. Does
anyone ever get in back of you and beep their horn? You
certainly have a lot of patience. If it were me, I would juist buy
a 125cc scooter to handle those hills and keep up with
traffic. It certainly is an invention, a little like the guys who
first invented airplanes!!
If I wanted a motorcycle I'd buy a motorcycle. What I want is the joys of riding a bicycle without giving myself a heart attack going up steep hills; 5 heart surgeries due to a birth defect. In my state a 125cc scooter would require a motorcycle license, insurance, and registration. A 50cc and under engine only requires a driver's license.

Keeping up with traffic??? Cyclist are a part of traffic. I use proper cycling techniques and ride in a predictable manner. Rarely do I ever have someone behind me road raging and blowing a horn.

As you can see I will ride on wide safe shoulders. There's a few places I ride where there's bridges and unsafe shoulders. In these places I get in the center of the lane. Then traffic must change lanes to pass like they'd have to do with any other slow moving vehicle. I also put my right blinker on to let them know I intend to get back on the shoulder when it is safe for me to do so. I've never had a single person blow their horn at me.

Back