Sigh...got my engine from Dax-But I probably won't be able to use it (B.C. laws)...

B

Bigfoot

Local laws (B.C. Canada) say that a motor assisted bicycle must have an ELECTRIC motor.But does this mean that gasoline engines are illegal, or that gasoline assisted electric motors are illegal?

A motor is not the same as an engine.A motor is electric, no?
do I see a loophole here, or is it just me?:p

I don't have any motorized transportation at all.All I wan to do is see some local countryside, but I guess that I'm not allowed to.:cry:

Do you think I should build it anyways? I don't want to end up like the guy in Arizona.

Opinions, input,etc.:confused:

bc laws

well being from bc and riding a motored bike for almost thirteen years on the road ive had no tickets but,i stay invisible,icbc has a statute or act that states-amotored bike can ticketed if on the road wether the motor is running or not!ticket being no insurance no liscence no ownership trick being that its a statute or act?ive spent countless hrs searching and asking questions some say its legal others dont.i cant go into detail here but you can ask me through pm:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell you what I'd do Bigfoot ... My 3rd build soon to come is to steal ideas and 'form' from the 2 50cc. scooters I sold ... what I mean is plastic paneling .... Plexiglas from the Ace hardware type stores is inferior but if you have sheeting suppliers like we have here in Ca. like TAP plastics, you can buy auto grade sheeting to make great side enclosures, louvered stepping panels that you paint from the rear giving a beautiful automotive finish and the ability to turn a bike into a cafe racer styled look that also hides gas tanks and engines ... lose a little power by silencing up the muffler as well and I don't think anyone would notice you. I can't remember who just displayed the electric bike with battery holders from ammo cans, but paneling used wisely could make (and it can be heated and curved as well) could even simulate an electric bike style.

I believe this is the bike Wizard was thinking of http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=55226&postcount=1
I one killed my motor without the kill switch by pulling the blue wire. I must have grabbed too close to the connector because I got the shock of my life. Yes our bikes do have some electric.
Hopefully they (cops) won't bug you too much. Ride safe and folow traffic laws.

Thanks,Scott ya thats the bike ... see how easily these happy times can be side enclosed , as long as cooling air for the engine is considered. Faux battery boxes, and hidden muffler too !

heh .. a bit more radical than I was thinking but it DOES get the point across how these bikes can be enclosed ... (how in thunder did he keep air coming in I wonder ?)

Was going to say something like keep those doughnuts in your tool bag but I better not.
Tehee!

That's a good idea about the donuts!:LOL:

"You didn't see nothin'! "
*puts donut in cops shirt pocket*

I'm thinking of just using what I have for now, & eventually maybe trying to get my hands on a Simpson model 08 boardtrack bike or something like that. Maybe I can have it modded to meet moped or limited speed motorcycle specs for dumb Canadian laws?

that way I could cruise around in peace, not looking over my shoulder constantly:-/

Back