Signal Lights

T

Timcycle

Has anyone used the Golden Eagle rear signal light setup? Does it work well enough to use?

Reason: It is a bit more dangerous doing hand signals while using a bike engine.

Are signal lights a waste of $$

I am looking for some lighting for my new power bike. I recall reading in here somewhere how it would be cool to have signals - like a motorcycles.

I found this we site:

http://www.global-merchants.com/home/bike.htm

Attached are the two photo's from the site.

Any thoughts?

Normally I would have gone out to my local Walmart to purchase whatever lighting system they had for bicycles. But after Augiedog's work on his custom light setup, it made me wonder if these retail lights are a waste of $$.

What was that the motive behind creating custom lights? Challenge or the need to get good lighting because retail not have any...

Attachments

• lights1.jpg
    lights1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 346
  • lights2.jpg
    lights2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 317
Last edited by a moderator:
i can not comment on them but ever light i bough that are aaa battery and are computer controlled don"t like vibration they may be ok without a motor,, and the worst lights so far were made by schwinn ,work for a day if you are lucky ,i think audi got the right idea build your own ,,

the greatest safety features you can add to your bike ,,lights ,,lights ,lights ,,,daytime lights ,,blinking lights ,signal lights ,head lights , tail lights .side lights very important ,,,,, and even backup lights if you use a power saw motor
japat

I am looking for some lighting for my new power bike. I recall reading in here somewhere how it would be cool to have signals - like a motorcycles.

I found this we site:

Any thoughts?

Normally I would have gone out to my local Walmart to purchase whatever lighting system they had for bicycles. But after Augiedog's work on his custom light setup, it made me wonder if these retail lights are a waste of $$.

What was that the motive behind creating custom lights? Challenge or the need to get good lighting because retail not have any...

Agreed. No one is filling the market void for this. I don't get it. The better quality ones are too pricey and/or are partial in desired functions.

If the "Happy Price Time" manufacturers would get a clue and kick the quality up a notch it would be a win-win.

Michael

I found this we site:

Any thoughts?

These are junk, junk, junk. I bought 2, and put them on 2 different bikes. One lasted for 2 rides, the other for 3 rides. They didnt cost much so I salved a few parts and threw them in the trash.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 268
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 273
Back