Sikk Bike Build

I bought the Sikk Inc. motorized bike kit (bike and motor kit) and have it just about ready. Thought I'd post a pic and will share some of my build experience with the kit. For now here's a picture.

The engine is a 66cc. I don't know who the manufacturer is. It has 6mm cylinder studs. The intake and exhaust ports were very clean and smooth. I just did a little clean up on them. Ported the intake and exhaust manifolds. Did all the pre-run steps that are recommended here. Just waiting for a #41 chain and an exhaust gasket to get it started. Will add an expansion chamber and better air cleaner soon.

I made custom motor mounts out of sway bar bushings. They hold the engine very solidly. I'm curious how much, if any, vibration they will dampen. I'll do a separate post for them.

By the way, this is my first build. I'm very excited about riding it.

P1060154.jpg

Nice bike! It looks like the seat is set back nicely so that it easily accommodates taller riders. I've never had an expansion chamber exhaust before, but I will in 2 days when mine arrives from Arrow.

I would recommend a new carburetor as an upgrade as well. The stock one is OK, but if you're upgrading some things you may as well invest another $30 or so for a new carb. You'll be very happy you did. There are lots of good ones out there, and I've found the RT carb from thatsdax.com to be an excellent upgrade that is very tunable. It comes with 5 different size jets that are easily replaced, and it has a high-flow air cleaner as well. You'll need to order a new cable from them as well - or use the straight inlet fitting from the stock carb in place of the longer curved one that comes with the RT. I'm sure there are better carbs out there, but I've had nothing but good experiences with this one.

I like that frame style.

I would like to put a geared hub on and electrify the beast.

Tomorrow is the big day! I've gone through the new build checklist about 3 times. I'm ready to add some gas and go.

It started right up and runs pretty well. Hardest part was getting gas out of the new gas can and into the bike. :)

It seems to be running a bit rich, but I expected that being at such high altitude. I'll lean it out a little after its broken in.

I was surprised at how hard it is to pedal. I think I'l have to put a bigger sprocket on the pedal side in the back.

Had to tighten the chain up.

Overall the first 15 minutes of riding went very well. Put a big grin on my face even in the 26 degree weather. :)

Awesome! Glad nothing went wrong. Be sure to refasten your bolts for your back out. I went for a ride today too on my new bike.
002.jpg

Back