Silencer for expansion chamber?

Yea is a deeper sound with the Briggs exhaust my setup that i posted i can feel a power increase on the low to mid rpm torque range top end flattens out pretty bad but i believe its because of a cruddy main jet or too small of a main jet.

This is what I've done, haven't run it yet, if it works ok I'll replace copper with stainless steel

20190107_160034.jpg

I ran the 3/4 copper thru the stinger 3 inches into the chamber, i read somewhere that would quiet it considerably

yeah but when you're running wide open, most of the sound is resonating out of the expansion chamber. those mufflers are best at flowing 3600rpm or less. so above that it's not flowing at optimum,,
just curious, you're more concerned with noise level than going fast?

I'm hoping to have a reasonable sound level, and speed. just trying to incorporate different ideas I've read to reduce sound, if I'm on the wrong track LMK

you can check the sound level of your pipe if you clog the end of the pipe with a glove for a couple seconds when its still cold my pipe is really quiet its cool you can hear the carb sucking fuel in at that level

there is that saying, "Loud Pipes Save Lives" haha. but this is like why I don't put an MZ65 on my 2 stroke bcs I don't want to draw attention like that but free flow pipe equals at least +3mph

Back