Silicone Tubing Safe Or Not For Fuel Transfer?

yuckfoo

Local time
7:07 PM
I bought this 45 degree silicone tube because I read somewhere that silicone tube was safe to use for fuel transfer. I had another guy on a facebook post asking me about it and he thought it wasn't safe for fuel. I went to the link so I could find the words "fuel safe" but it says, way at the bottom of the page, "not suitable for oil/fuel transfer" (not sure how I missed that.)

What's the worst that could happen? Is it REALLY not safe, or is it just "we don't wanna get sued so we say not safe?" I read several people recommending silicone so I thought I was in the clear.

I'm kind of bummed about this as the intake works really well. ... at least for now.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Silicone hose is not to be used for oil or fuel, it will swell over time & become real spongy like a marshmallow.

If it works & you get a year or so out of it, so be it. I imagine them hoses arent to expensive, just replace it every year or so.

Hell I do 💩, the instructions/directions say not to do, sometimes you got to, to get by with what you got to work with. Yes you might not get 5 years out of the said product. & yes I've had 💩 happen where it bites you in the butt over time, but it got the job done at the time.

Hell I do 💩, the instructions/directions say not to do, sometimes you got to, to get by with what you got to work with. Yes you might not get 5 years out of the said product. & yes I've had 💩 happen where it bites you in the butt over time, but it got the job done at the time.
I had a guy say his silicone tube (not what I bought but something else) lasted only a week. I'm going to keep looking for a fuel safe 45 degree bend alternative. But meanwhile, I'm going to plunk one of the cut off pieces into a jar of fuel and see what happens to it.

Do that & put a piece of hose in oil to, & compare the 2. Time will tell.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That is the good woven silicone hose you got, so you might get some substantial use out of that hose.

No dont do that, if anything get some thin wall fuel resistant rigid plastic tubing that just fits inside of the exposed parts of the silicone hose & slip that in there. I'd leave it alone & run it & see how long it last. Just make sure you have a spare silicone hose on hand.

No dont do that, if anything get some thin wall fuel resistant rigid plastic tubing that just fits inside of the exposed parts of the silicone hose & slip that in there. I'd leave it alone & run it & see how long it last. Just make sure you have a spare silicone hose on hand.
"...fluorocarbon and fluorosilicone liners ... offer superior chemical resistance"

Back