Similarities I've noticed between IGH and shifter bikes:

cloakedvillain

Local time
7:35 AM
Guys who have the skills and resources to build shifter bikes love them despite the critics. And guys who mountain bike with internally geared hubs love them despite the critics. Idk, maybe just ride what you like, have fun and stay safe.

Guys who have the skills and resources to build shifter bikes love them despite the critics. And guys who mountain bike with internally geared hubs love them despite the critics. Idk, maybe just ride what you like, have fun and stay safe.
If you're a smaller person and a flat, lander multiple engine driven gears aren't necessary. If you're a larger person and live in steep hill country your choices are a large engine with a lot of horse power or a smaller engine with multiple engine driven gears.

Shifter bikes remind me of mid drive ebikes. After having a hub drive a mid drive would seem to be the next ebike for the shifting capability. Drive gear wears out faster, how often do you replace drive components on a 10/21 speed?

Shifter bikes remind me of mid drive ebikes. After having a hub drive a mid drive would seem to be the next ebike for the shifting capability. Drive gear wears out faster, how often do you replace drive components on a 10/21 speed?
Enduro riders do it every season but most cyclists need to put thousands of miles into the groupset before its too worn

Back