Simple,Reliable

simple 1.jpg

simple 2.jpg

Not much to say, just does very well.

Excuse me Will Snow. That is the staton-inc axel mount? How does that left hand threaded freewheel on the left side of the rear axel that the larger sprocket is bolted to hold up? Do you drive it hard, or have you ever replaced it due to failure? Thankyou.

Something to be said for reliable...(after pushing my bike about 5 miles today after some road debris leapt into my chain and broke it) :cry:

Oh! Oh!, Will Snow. I beg to differ; there's a lot more to say....

Tell us about that engine and drive train.

Inquiring minds want to know....

It looks like a Staton Axle drive with a Subaru Robin EHO35. Nice looking bike, by the way. Not sure what sort of bike it is, but if I were you, Will Snow, I would get rid of those fenders. Read the safety section about fenders. I use Planet Bike type polycarbonate fenders with stainless steel rod struts. The metal fenders with the flat struts are dangerous due to metal fatigue from vibration. Danger danger Will Robinson.......oops, sorry, that's Will Snow.

I don't ride it hard. Most of the time on a good road surface at 18-20 mph. I have had it to 30 mph a few times but just for a short time. So far, zero problems.

Pushing a bike 5 mile is not much fun I'm sure. sorry that happened.

Yes, as Mike said " Subaru Robin EHO35 motor". Not the most powerful but they have held up very well for me and I have two other bikes with the same motor. As also mentioned, It is a Stanton drive. This is my first time to purchase one of his drive kits and not disapointed at all. I have tried just about every system offered to motorize a bicycle and this is one of the best. I do not commute on a bike as many on this forum seem to so my experince is more limited, it is mainly a hobby.

The reduction gears are heavy duty and look to be made of good qualty metal. I can hear gear noise as I ride along but it is not very loud. The gear case is machined very nice. The case comes in two haves and is bolted together with allen head bolts and no gasket. High quality gear lube is put in the case and no leakes at all even without a gasket. That seems to me, some pretty good machine work. A small short chain is run from a sprocket at the gear reduction case to a sprocket on the wheel. With the auto clutch and this neat set up, all I have had to do is start it up, pull the throttle lever and away I go. No tinkering to keep it operating right. I have a fairly large remote gas tank that allows me to ride all day with out fueling. Hope I was not too detailed.

Thanks Mike for the warning about the fenders. I still would like to keep them on for awhile and probably change them out later, but will keep a close check for any cracking.

Back