Simplex???

Local time
3:07 AM
Hey, today I saw a "Simplex" bike. I liked it more than the Whizzers that I've seen, and I just wondered why the Whizzer were more popular than Simplex. My dad talked to a friend of ours and he said that the engines were ****, just because of the way they were built. I've never seen one restored all the ones I can find on the net are still, "barn fresh". If any of you guys has one of these or knows someone that does, I would appreciate the pics and info. Thanks!

Kestrel Motors Inc.

I think the Simplex was made in the South, where there were fewer people. Reliability of the engine was probably a big factor too.

Hey, today I saw a "Simplex" bike. I liked it more than the Whizzers that I've seen, and I just wondered why the Whizzer were more popular than Simplex. My dad talked to a friend of ours and he said that the engines were ****, just because of the way they were built. I've never seen one restored all the ones I can find on the net are still, "barn fresh". If any of you guys has one of these or knows someone that does, I would appreciate the pics and info. Thanks!

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Go to albogg.com you'll see some there. Ray

Hi Guys,

I think the bike was made in LA. There are always some at Portland, IN every year. The 2 stroke motor was problematic, and often took a lot of "kicks" to get them started. There were a lot of "cool" motorbikes in the late 40s and 50s, but Whizzer sold thousands [at least 250,000], whereas other companies often sold hundreds, making the Whizzer the "king" of the motorbikes. There were many with 2 stroke motors, and even some with 2 cylinder 2-stroke motors. Even Harpo Marx was involved in making motorbikes [the 2 cylinder 2-stroke 3.25 HP]. One of my favorites is the DYNACYCLE.
Sadly the restoration cost on most is very high as parts are impossible to find.

Have fun,

Back