simplified electric conversion

R

retrophoto

In the electric bikes I build there is no controller and no throttle. Just a simple on off switch, battery power, and motor. I use it like a pulse jet. either always on or just in spurts to control the speed of the bike.

I have two motors each with its own switch. A total of 600 watts works just fine for me but you do have to pay attention. It is friction drive though.

Last edited by a moderator:
PAY attention? I'd guess you do have to. that sounds like one h*ll of a ride my friend. What type of batterys are you using? Years ago we built a mini bike with a car starter motor and a car battery the same way .. ON or OFF We had a chain drive sprocket set up and the thing ran like a rabbit maybe 25 or 30 for the first few blocks till the battery wore down a bit then it was alot easyer to control.... Lots of fun in the alleys of D.C. Tom says keep smilin'

Yes i use two lawn mower 180 am batteries give about twenty mintues before it slows down perceptably

If you had the motors on both rear wheels of a tricycle you could virtually steer it with the switches. HMMM (until you had both of them at full RPM) then LOOK OUT!

Interesting ... yea, you can run brushed motors that way ... no controller, just kamikazi mode.

Have fun...

Back