Simpson Model 10 Production bike

Mike&Dan,your bikes are real cool! butt I think you are wrong about the color black,Mike. louis 1903 harley,1910 FN,1909 Reading

Attachments

• 1903~Harley.jpg
    1903~Harley.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 388
  • fn1910.jpg
    fn1910.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 1909reading.jpg
    1909reading.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 386
Colors

Hi RatRodder, the 03 is out, kind of because most manufacturers were still using a curved down tube prior to 1910 (and my design is 1910). Indian made black bikes in 1901. The FN is not American, tho that Reading New Standard, is not the Dark Green of the fine one I saw in San Fransisco, it is interesting that is is a board track bike, and in all my studies, I don't remember reading about that company making factory racers, and the short frame, and 26" wheels (apparently) do make it look like a factory racer.
It too is earlier than the 1910 target.

From what I have seen the Privateer's bikes were almost always stripped down street bikes, not true Racers, as the factory rarely sold racers, and, as far as we can tell, did not have them "On the Menu"

Keep looking? I am truly interested in the colors of the Motorcycles from 1910-1912.

Mike

i would love to see a >100cc four stroke v-twin to accompany those AMAZING frames. it would have to be custom designed, would take time and money that no one has. but, it would be nice.

Lifan makes a cool 250cc V-twin with manual 4 speed tranny, i would love to see that in a boardtrack frame, except its about 16 inches wide.

V-twin

Hi Joseph, I had actually considered a Lifan 250 , BUT, to do that I would mount 18"x3" mortorcycle wheels and tires, and continue thru my bike to get it all together. The real pain is, that the Lifan is illegal here in CA, and it added just that much bigger challengs, to an already complicated build.

With the Lifan, it would be a real Motorcycle, and that also raises the bar.

Mike

Hi Joseph, I had actually considered a Lifan 250 , BUT, to do that I would mount 18"x3" mortorcycle wheels and tires, and continue thru my bike to get it all together. The real pain is, that the Lifan is illegal here in CA, and it added just that much bigger challengs, to an already complicated build.

With the Lifan, it would be a real Motorcycle, and that also raises the bar.

Mike

well yeah, i suggested it becuase i would love to see a replica boardtrack bike and that motor looks like a good candidate. I didnt know it was illegal here though.

Mike I can see what your target is, your own design why not use your own colors? louis

Somethin' like this...?

i would love to see a >100cc four stroke v-twin to accompany those AMAZING frames. it would have to be custom designed, would take time and money that no one has. but, it would be nice.
Something like this?
LOL
Not tryin' ta' jack yer thread, just thought I'd throw this at ya'...
heheheh...

Attachments

• Whizzer vTwin_1.jpg
    Whizzer vTwin_1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 358
  • Whizzer V-Twin20.jpg
    Whizzer V-Twin20.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 384
Whizzer v-twin

Hi Rif, I knew there were a couple of those around! I think that is the one Ron Dow made, showed around a bit, and then it went to a friend of his. What a killer deal that would be for one of my bikes! In addition, my guy could make an exposed OHV setup for it!!!!

Mike

Back