Simpson Model 10 Production bike

M

MotorbikeMike

Hi all, I'll make this a continuing thread. We will be recieving 2 bikes on Monday.

These will be the "starter Bikes" for Tim and I. We will recieve 11 more shortly, and I intend to make sure everything is as planned on the new run. Everything will work correctly, using the 84760 rear belt.

See if you can spot the differences between the Production Bikes, and the 08 production, 09 and 10 prototypes? There are several, and easy to spot!

Here are pre-release pics of my 10 prototype drivetrain on a new Model 10 in the factory.

Mike

Attachments

• mod10 prodropout.JPG
    mod10 prodropout.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 586
  • mod10 prorocker.JPG
    mod10 prorocker.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 557
  • mod10 prospringer.JPG
    mod10 prospringer.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 530
  • mod10 ProSide.JPG
    mod10 ProSide.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 730
MOdel 10 type northeast?

Hi Dan, and thanks, it's been a long road to have a true production bike that will look like, and do what I want it to do.
What will you be using to power yours? Surely not a little 2-stroke?

Mike

beautiful work my man!
It has been a long hard road since the first one...
Sorry for being out of contact, thoings are wild right now. 4:30 a.m. isn't a very good time to me (new jjob, 12 hour shifts, blah, blah, blah...) and i'm just rrying to get into the swing of the new schedule...Amongst other things going on.
Anyway, excellent work and glad to see it's up and rolling!!!
We'll talk soon friend!

Hi Dan, and thanks, it's been a long road to have a true production bike that will look like, and do what I want it to do.
What will you be using to power yours? Surely not a little 2-stroke?

Mike

HAHA! Oh Mike...gotta love ya. I surely would not be using a little 2 stroke but if I plan to make several bikes, the $800.00 Whizzer engine would start to get expensive.

Here is a quick shot of what it looked like a couple of weeks ago. We've been breaking it in while I plan out the tank.
Bad pic...sorry

Model 10 colors

Hi Dan, your bike looks great, nice and smooth overall. I was surprised when I looked at it, that you had taken the antique design, and modernized it in such a subtle way, that to me, even tho the frame is droploop, and the camel-back with the second tube, that it looked modern to me.

About colors, I will stay with colors that were popular on antique motorcycles in the day. The ones I'm most familiar with are these.

Pale orange=Flying Merkle
Light Gray= Harley Davidson
Bright Yellow= Cyclone
Red=Indian
Black is generally too early of a color for around 1910
pale blue=Excelsior
Dark blue=Indian, Cleveland
British Racing Green=Triumph

We will have a bike powdercoated in any color for a customer,.

But what I've got figured for myself is........
Model 09 prototype will be Indian Red, with the tank graphic saying "Simpson" in the style that Indian used.

My personal Model 10 production bike will be..........
Renault Grey, as were the HD's of the day, and the graphics should be in a maroon, with pin stripes around the tank, and the toolbox It will somehow say "Simpson Motor Company".

I have a friend/fellow motorbiker, who is a top notch Graphic Artist, he used to do all paint by hand, and now does vinyl, and digital, and hand, His name is John Arnott in San Diego, and he will be in charge of making my bikes look the coolest on the Graphic level.

i'm looking forward to having 2 very nice finished Whizzer powered AMR's

Mike

I can't wait to see it in full color, it's going to be awesome!!

The "modern" look of my bike was on purpose. I didn't try to copy an antique bike but just emulate it. It would have been to easy just to duplicate a design someone already worked hard on. My bikes usually just build them selves once I start on them. The only thing I had set in stone on this one before I started bending the tubing was the drop loop...I had to had just the right angle for the cheapy Chinese engine.

when do you think your bike will be painted? I know it's going to be so cool!

Dan

Paint, and other nightmares

Hi Dan, well, I dunno when I'll get powder either on the 09 or the 10, as, I am currently working on the wiring for the 09, and after chopping the orig wiring loom I've got to be sure I did not kill any circuts I need. Then the cloth sparkplug wire, mount coil, and then do the rest of the wiring, and a new mount for the brass box.

Next? Well, fit the Skirted fenders and braces, make dropstand clip, study the headlamp, tail lamp, and license brackets, and speedo, and it's drive sector, and consider a Package Carrier, as I have just ordered a set of brown saddle bags, and a matching brown tool bag.

So I have brown bags, and black bags, as both of my bikes are to be completely usable small displacement motorcycles, as this is what I've wanted for a very long time.

I'm convinced, that my designs, and desires are very different than the masses that hang out here, but I think, on some level, that there are still more people out there who will crave what it is that I dream.

We have had a shipping setback, and my 10 which should have been available for me this Monday, will now be next Monday, not a very happy thing for me, as the 10 prototype left here about 2 months ago. Patience is a very hard lesson for me, and I truly do hate waiting.

Anyways, I really hope I haven't bored andyone to badly, tho if I did bore you to sleep, you probably really needed that, and it's a good thing.

Mike

Back