Sixthreezero Cruiser With Huge Mid-Frame Space!

Well, I cancelled Harbor Freight's "indefinite backorder" and bought a 7HP clone.
It should arrive next week.
At least I won't be worrying about grenading the flywheel.
If you are going to take out the gov, check the rod for forging marks, instead of casting marks.

Don, thanks for props!
Right now, the mid frame tubes are completely taped to protect from scratches. Aluminum plate and angle iron brackets were installed to fit another engine. A wide bottom bracket is in, and an 83-tooth timing sprocket and freewheel is being prepped.
I'll post pics when the 212 engine arrives.

Last edited:
My engine arrived!
After work, I wasted no time stripping the engine. It weighed 38.4lbs before losing the fuel tank, muffler and air cleaner.
I had installed a flat aluminum plate in the bike's midframe, to trial-fit my "V-twin" engine project. This plate rises over 4.75" above the bottom bracket's shaft.
Using that same plate's location to mount this monstrous engine, the Sixthreezero's midframe SWALLOWED the 212cc engine, and it sits LEVEL!
There is 5.5" clearance from engine base to seat tube, 2.5" from valve cover to seat tube and almost 2" from valve cover to top tube. There's 5" from the gas tank's mounting horn to the top tube.
The left pedal arm clears the engine, but the right side hits sheet metal. I'll either have to jockey the engine around or find a shorter arm.
It seems like this bike was designed to accomodate the 212 engine's length(12") and height(8.75" @ the "horns").
We'll see about engine width, when I hook up the clutch.
There's LOTS of room to install an SBP jackshaft and pulleys.
Or maybe I'll move all spinning parts to the front of the engine, for more legroom.
What a relief.
The 212cc engine fits very well in the Sixthreezero's "In the Barrel" extended cruiser.
It's late; I'll take pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Don, I took a couple pics while trial-fitting the 212 engine. They're in Media section.

Surprisingly, the bike only weighs 70lbs so far.

Back