skyhawk frame headset specs

mbmystery

Local time
5:42 PM
Is there any info on the headset for the skyhawk frame headset? ei: S.H.I.S info (standard headset identification system)? So many variables makes it very difficult tracking down anything which is a sure fit.

Or can anyone recommend a certain brand & model number ?
I'm using brand new suntour 1 1/8 inch threadless steering tube forks.

Of the supplied headset, not sure if I got all the parts or whether the ones received are incorrect. Thing is sloppy as all get-up.

I used the supplied headset on mine and its sufficient. Not the best but it's not sloppy. Any common 1 1/8 headset should work.

OK, seen quite a few other posts where people said their headset wouldn't work, so maybe they randomly send out wrong parts & pieces with some? who knows? Looks to me like the caged bearing balls should be bigger, or they are just plain wrong parts.

Found the original manufacturer of the headset, and every variant of it that I found for sale comes with sealed, not caged bearings. So that's an issue. New headset on the way.

At any rate, the S.H.I.S. specs I measured/ found were zs 44/28.6 | zs 44/30. (for my forks)

Zero-stack or semi integrated, 44mm inner headtube diameter on top & bottom, 28.6mm top steerer diameter, 30.mm bottom (lower race I.D.). Some forks may be 30mm at bottom for lower race rather than 28.6 so be sure to measure them.

LOL, learning more about this stuff than I ever wanted to. Someday I'll be done building it.

Yeah they still put an American 68 bottom bracket on these frames too. I don't know why lol.

I ended up putting an adapter in an running a sealed bottom bracket. I have a thread called Skyhawk build journal if you wanna check it out. It took me a while to get all the components and get it built.

Sounds like you know your stuff pretty well so you shouldn't have too many problems ;)

Back