Skyhawk GT5A reliability building

Bluestraveller

Local time
5:42 AM
Hi, It's my first thread, first motor bike construction, and novice as you can see... I have little mechanics knowings. First of all, did I make a good choice with this Skyhawk GT5A 66cc from Motorized bicycle Canada?

Before I mount it, and start it, what do I need to change to make it as reliable as possible? Do I need to wash all the inside of the motor to remove all of the creation crap process?

One of my friend that have more experience than me can maybe port it, he do a lot of porting in the past; but does it make it more or less reliable?

I want a trouble free machine as much as possible, cause I'm gonna put a couple of miles in Canada on it, and after that it's gonna finish it's days in a third world country. Imagine a country where the Rum is fairly much more available than any parts for everything that the Mankind have motor crafted, and you've got a good picture of the place! :) Imagine a place where chevy 57 still rolling on the streets but with diesel motor, and were you can buy a pak of cigar for one dolar... Got it? ;)

I have order a couple of things with the motor kit, like a boost bottle and a banana expansion chamber that doesn't finish with a little muffler, and a NT speed carburator Gen 2.

So that's about it. It's gonna be hot all the time in this country, so I don't want to make mods that gonna make more heat to that poor motor. Oh, I also plan to change the wire of the CDI spark plug link for a car one.

Any help is welcome! :)
Thanks.

First of all, did I make a good choice with this Skyhawk GT5A 66cc from Motorized bicycle Canada?
Yes great purchase.

Before I mount it, and start it, what do I need to change to make it as reliable as possible? Do I need to wash all the inside of the motor to remove all of the creation crap process?
You don't need to, but it is highly recommended.

One of my friend that have more experience than me can maybe port it, he do a lot of porting in the past; but does it make it more or less reliable?
Porting will generally generate more power.
More power = more wear and tear, aka: shorter engine lifespan.

I have order a couple of things with the motor kit, like a boost bottle and a banana expansion chamber that doesn't finish with a little muffler, and a NT speed carburator Gen 2.
Don't use that boost bottle, throw it out or return it. The expansion chamber may or may not work, they look cool however, and I like how they sound. Brush up on the forum stickies about carb tuning.

So that's about it. It's gonna be hot all the time in this country, so I don't want to make mods that gonna make more heat to that poor motor. Oh, I also plan to change the wire of the CDI spark plug link for a car one.
Your plug wire is probably fine the way it is, it's the least complicated part and at the short length and relatively low power being sent through it what you've got already is likely more than enough.

Any help is welcome! :)
Thanks.
Welcome to the forum and wear a damn helmet, you don't want to go to a third world country hospital if you can help it, especially if your waiting on an ambulance that has a 50/50 shot at breaking down along the way.

So Sreet Ryderz, if you live in Ontario, youre maybe near from the place where I buy my kit. Motorized bicycle. It arrives fast, 2 business day, and the Allen key bolt looks better than the flat screw that I see on you tube. I ain't test it for now, but it seems to be of good quality. I'm ust affraid of the vibrations, after all that I read! Just want to have a good ride to bring to Cuba, after a good breaking phase. Maybe you know, transportations a limited in this country, so I'm gonna partake my bike with an old friend of mine, a guy that have 69 years old now. I hope he's gonna take care of it, and in my next vacation I can ride it again! :)

In Quebec, around Trois-Rivières (3 Rivers!). I live in a little village, surrounded by fields.
OK a little far from me I am in Hamilton Ont.and I am an installer/repair shop listed on the Motorized Bicycle Canada web site!Anyway your choice of pipe will be problems in the heat since it's meant for wot use!Then I would always run a little on the rich side to aid in cooling and reframe from wot use if kept to 3/4 throtle for traveling around and some commen sence it will last a long time!

Yeah, but I don't think my 69 years old cuban friend want to ride it in the wot! :) Especially with the road (or absence of) around his house. If he runs it from not much to half to 75% speed what do you suggest? Do I leave my banana expansion chamber at home, or do I bring it with the bike? And for the rich side, I have 4 L of Sinto Racing left, wath kind of mix do you recommend for that hot country 40:1?

Thanks! :)

Your good to go with what you got. Smoke a Havana for me.
I'm used to buy some popular cigars at 1 dollar for 20, and partake with the people around! And it still smokable, even beter with a rum! ;) But if I find some, I will try it for sure. :)

Back