Skyhawk Stage III Crank Case Binding

Rasaraja

Local time
1:05 PM
Hello All,

I'm building a 49cc 4 stroke with a Skyhawk Stage III Crankcase. When I attach the crankcase, the enclosure hits the left gear and I cannot pull start. What am I doing wrong? All appears to be seated correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rasaraja

Hello All,

I'm building a 49cc 4 stroke with a Skyhawk Stage III Crankcase. When I attach the crankcase, the enclosure hits the left gear and I cannot pull start. What am I doing wrong? All appears to be seated correctly.

Rasaraja

The gear on the left in the picture?

Attachments

• 78.jpg
    78.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
This is the clutch in the photo is the one you should have.

Attachments

• centrifugal-clutch.jpg
    centrifugal-clutch.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 201
Yes. That's the gear and clutch. Thanks for the pictures. The casing on the left side comes right up against the left clutch covering. I'll compare the assembly with your pictures tomorrow. From your pictures it appears that the left center post comes out a bit - with mine, the center hole of the gear is flush.

I'll try to post a picture.

Thank you again.

Hello All,

Rasaraja
http://www.grubeeinc.com/
[para 4] Note: On some China engines the crankcase screw head on the right side of the flange opening must be modified so it does not hit the gear box at the #16 bearing pocket boss area.

To modify, delete the lock washer and file off 1mm from the top of the screw head to gain 2mm total clearance.

After installing the gear box check for air gap clearance with a flash light or paper insert.
This problem does not seem to occur when using Honda GXH50 engines but always check for clearance after gear box installation.
( Do not grind on the gear box bearing boss: ) Check engine shaft for correct ID

Attachments

• 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 229
Hello,

I got it figures out (couldn't get a good picture), but I had the left gear's post in backward - it caused that gear to be out too far. Hopefully, it'll be finished tomorrow. ;)

I do thank you for your help.

Back