Sleeve cylinder, boost port, windowed piston?

Spare_Parts

Local time
5:23 PM
So I want to add a boost port to the sleeved cylinder. Problem is I want to leave sleeve material all the way around the bottom to keep it from collapsing. First thought was to cut the boost port and leave a half inch or so at the bottom. Then drill behind the sleeve up into the boost port and would notch the case to match. Second idea was cut a small window in the piston to match up to the bottom of the boost port rather then drill the holes behind the sleeve. Which one would work?

Hope this makes sense, sick as a dog and my brain isn't working so good lol.

Did some reading today and it seems adding a window to feed boost ports has been used by manufacturers since the 60s. Think that's how I'll tackle it. Still have some thinking and more reading to do but may end up with multiple.

Did some reading today and it seems adding a window to feed boost ports has been used by manufacturers since the 60s. Think that's how I'll tackle it. Still have some thinking and more reading to do but may end up with multiple.
I would do the boost bort above the intake port with windowed piston. I don't think you would get much from drilling behind the sleeve into the intake, and you would still need the boost port notch abv. the intake as well as a notch in the case to feed the drilled hole/holes. Else wise the holes are blocked from the case, and sitting on top of a gasket.

Whatever you do, please post your findings, good or bad, for us to also learn from! I'm still a student of chinagirlology (sp?) myself, so I always find postings by you guys with lots of tinkering experience to be quite fascinating and informative. Back in the day, I used to just chuck cg engines when they broke, these days there's so much to be had by a clean rebuild with some knowledgeable mods.

I would do the boost bort above the intake port with windowed piston. I don't think you would get much from drilling behind the sleeve into the intake, and you would still need the boost port notch abv. the intake as well as a notch in the case to feed the drilled hole/holes. Else wise the holes are blocked from the case, and sitting on top of a gasket.
Was going to notch the case and gasket to match the holes behind the sleeve. That idea it totally out now. Jennings mentioned the windowed piston and the added lubrication/cooling of the wrist pin so that way is how I'll tackle it.
Whatever you do, please post your findings, good or bad, for us to also learn from! I'm still a student of chinagirlology (sp?) myself, so I always find postings by you guys with lots of tinkering experience to be quite fascinating and informative. Back in the day, I used to just chuck cg engines when they broke, these days there's so much to be had by a clean rebuild with some knowledgeable mods.
That is the plan however there won't be any sort of base line. I love sharing results, good or bad. It all makes the hobby better.

Back