Slight exhaust upgrade

MechMike219

Local time
6:41 AM
Uuuuh, yeah... so... i kinda started doin a thing... it looks funky cuz thats not how its supposed to sit. Theres no brackets holding it, just the springs on the flange. it rolled down a little bit. thanks gravity.. its gonna be badass tho! cant wait to get it fully welded and mounted right. FMF Fatty gold series 2008 YZ85. so much bigger than that little crap banana pipe they claim to be an "expansion chamber"... junk is more like it..

Attachments

• 20230104_110347.jpg
    20230104_110347.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 69
Uuuuh, yeah... so... i kinda started doin a thing... it looks funky cuz thats not how its supposed to sit. Theres no brackets holding it, just the springs on the flange. it rolled down a little bit. thanks gravity.. its gonna be badass tho! cant wait to get it fully welded and mounted right. FMF Fatty gold series 2008 YZ85. so much bigger than that little crap banana pipe they claim to be an "expansion chamber"... junk is more like it..
Let me know after you have had a chance to test it, I have an idea to get some bottom end.

Let me know after you have had a chance to test it, I have an idea to get some bottom end.
I did take it down the street and back even just tacked up yesterday to see if I like the way it sits, to clear while peddling and I started it.. I love the way it sounded already.. I know the leaking didn't help for power but I can already tell it'll have more than it does now.. just not sure exactly where in the rpms it'll hit.. but I'll definitely post another update once it's fully welded and I make a mounting bracket or two. I do need to roll the center back a little and pull the chamber itself in slightly.. other than that it fits pretty damn good.

I did take it down the street and back even just tacked up yesterday to see if I like the way it sits, to clear while peddling and I started it.. I love the way it sounded already.. I know the leaking didn't help for power but I can already tell it'll have more than it does now.. just not sure exactly where in the rpms it'll hit.. but I'll definitely post another update once it's fully welded and I make a mounting bracket or two. I do need to roll the center back a little and pull the chamber itself in slightly.. other than that it fits pretty damn good.
It looks like it's out of the way of your leg too.

Back