Slightly OT: Silly BIke I got- TOTE GOTE!

I used to use one of those with an old Wisconsin engine to get up into the mountains to go hunting. As far as I know it is still in my Dad's old shop - I left it there when I went off to college 36 years ago. Given the plate on that one, and the near identical appearance, I wonder if you bought that thing off my brother.

my buddy has one...belonged to his dad. used it to haul/drag deer etc. out of the woods.
the things like a two wheeled tractor.

Cool Simon!

I used to use one of those with an old Wisconsin engine to get up into the mountains to go hunting. As far as I know it is still in my Dad's old shop - I left it there when I went off to college 36 years ago. Given the plate on that one, and the near identical appearance, I wonder if you bought that thing off my brother.

Simon that's awesome you should find out if your old Gote is still there!

I want people to find these things and mail them to MY HOUSE! I will not be satisfied till I have a herd of Tote Gotes lol!

Called my brother - the old totegote is still in Dad's shop. He said he used it last year to go elk hunting from. I never knew about it, but Dad pulled the original rear wheel and stuck a narrowed lawn tractor differential rear end in it with a regular gote wheel outboard on each side. Says it has a 14 wide wheelbase, and will go anywhere.

I've asked him to e-mail me some pics.

Tote Goats were pretty cool back in the day but when the Rokon Trailbreaker came to town they were pretty much forgotten about where I lived.
142fe3a0.jpg

They were actually made in my hometown in the old box factory. We had several as I was growing up and although they were slow they would go anywhere. One flew off the trailer at interstate speed once on the way back from a hunting trip and it just skinned the rear rack and tore up one of the handgrips and bent a lever. They still make them today.

I followed a link from that Rokon pic that I posted and came across this little gem. Back when I grew up in the 60's mini bikes were about the best thing you could ever want and here is a gallery of just about every one ever made and then some. Caution, do not go here unless you have some serious time to waste: http://members.tripod.com/JLEIBOVITCH/id32.htm

Last edited:
Back