Slightly Underpowered

Did you just start using the flexible exhaust on this engine? The picture shows stock exhaust on both, but I can tell you that the flexible exhaust is junk, it's too small even for stock ports to breath properly it ends up getting hot and losing more power as you ride on it! If you were to gut the stock exhaust it will be faster than his with no cost to you but your time and effort.
My thoughts exactly.

Can't tell from the pictures, but it could be as simple as his bike has a 42 tooth sprocket and yours is a 44. Count the teeth.
Believe he has a 44 tooth as do i... but either way I'm using the gear off my old bike I used to keep up with him and now he smokes me... used to be him creeping by but then he put an ngk spark plug and and blows right past now

The good news is that by pedaling home, you'll be fitter than him.
Well my old bike was a chopper so that thing was a real workout to pedal home lol but since I switched my frame all problems are minor drive to work and back on it daily and never had a problem that forced me to pedal home... except a gas leak

Well my old bike was a chopper so that thing was a real workout to pedal home lol but since I switched my frame all problems are minor drive to work and back on it daily and never had a problem that forced me to pedal home... except a gas leak
So your old bike had a smaller rear wheel?

Only one thing you can do for more power is taking the guts out of the muffler, but it's much louder buying all them fancy expensive advanced parts they claim to give you more power won't do it goes against the laws of physics they were designed for pedal-assisted dummies!

Back