Tubes Slime bike tires

S

sherryc8641

Would using silmed tires be a good or negative upgrade to my bike? (I think it would be good since it is avertised it holds air 50% better). But I thought if I use this for my motored bike there might be new problems along with it. Should I think about buying slimed tires to be on the safe side?

M

Mile High Chop-Ped

I have been using it in all my bike tires for more the 13 years and once it has been in the tire I have never had a flat. Put it in on a warm day and then ride like mad for 30 minutes or longer to spin it out in the tube. (This is much easier on a Motorized Bike.) It also has the added benefit of balancing your tires.

bamabikeguy

Right after I started building these in 2005, I noted regular tubes having to be pumped up at least once every two or three weeks, MORESO in cold weather.

I'd say those $7 slimetubes were 200% better holding air.

HOWEVER, about 3 times they had "slow leaks", (not even slow, you could see it in a half hour). All three times it was the valve stem, which could be fixed with needlenosed pliers.

S

Steve

Just some info...you can buy the slime in containers at Lowe's and install it in your existing tubes.

bamabikeguy

It really wasn't the slime part, but the thickness of the tube, holding air better than $1.99 tubes.

Nothing like wanting to ride, but having to pump up the tubes every few days. :???: