Tubes Slime fix a flat???

The slime does clog the valve after a while. However, you can fix that at home, rather than on the side of the road. To me it's worth it to avoid roadside tube changes. To each his own.

Tire liners, thorn resistant tubes and kevlar tires and your good to go. For FD it beefs up the rear for better traction as a plus.

I like the idea of solid tires but it sounds heavy. I didnt even know they make kevlar ones. I guess if there's a market there'll always be people coming up with things to sell you.

The kevlar compound tires are made by Armadillo, I ran them the first week the hit the shelves a few years back - they are epicly awesome. Technically, I ran those with tire liners and double thick tubes - but the point is, they were great and I never got a flat.

I've been on my tires for two years - there's no drag as they are a very solid core, but they aren't as heavy as you would think. I've seen solid tubes that are much heavier, have a lot of drag - and that's before you add the outside tire weight.

I was checking this product out, and if I go aired tires again I will at least try it. This is similar to how Kevlar was marketed - the guy would actually get shot to prove it worked. Which leads me to remember that I still have to take a .22 to my tire to show how much I swear by them.

http://stanstiresealant.com/
http://www.google.com/search?q=stan...u&sa=X&ei=mirWTemPI-7OiALInumgDw&ved=0CDkQrQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlZvOVG8zs

Hey Psycho, do you know what a tire valve tool is? You can get one really cheap from a tire shop. Just ask them to make you one.. There's those valve-caps with the tool on it, just super-glue it on an old car valve-stem, and viola, you got yourself a tire valve tool. It's really handy as some tire valves can go bad, so I would just change them out... It takes me a few seconds to do it. Oh, when you are removing a valve out of an inflated tire with slime in it, be sure to position the valve so it's up, otherwise, you will get a good coating of slime all over yourself and your bike.
yes i do know what a tire valve tool is...it's actually called a valve core remover.
i disagree tho because even when you remove the valve core the slime will still clog up the valve stem because it's so thick and gooey.
My friend put slime in one of his tubes and the air would not come back out of the tube even with the valve core removed. we ended up getting one side of the tire bead off the rim and we cut the tube in half to get it out of the tire so we could replace the tire.
what's wrong with a good old rubber patch kit?
heck, tubes are dirt cheap...just buy a couple and replace it when you get a flat.
to me, this would be less work that wrestling with a tube filled with slime.
I hate that stuff!

I spent abt an hour picking goat's head from a tire and it's tube yesterday. It's gonna take three patches, that I can see... Roughly 50cents apiece for them.

I'm a real tightwad and probably won't ever drop $25 plus shipping for a quart of Stan's product even though it could resolve the problem I'm dealing with for up to 16 tubes.

(Can't fix stoopid!)

Has anyone reviewed the MSDS for those products?
They have GOT to post it, by law.
(Oops! Sry, that's politics I've been warned not to talk abt here.)

Anyhow, WHAT are the key ingredients which might be found under the kitchen sink that could accomplish nearly the same goal ?

Best
rc

Back