slippery pedals on most standard old walmart beach cruisers

dotcom

Local time
7:08 PM
What's the material that they apply that you see peeling off on mine? Is that rubber? I can't tell with mine because the material is too old to tell. Its just pelling off and old and stale. And since the old material is peeling off, whats the best material to reapply to slippery plastic type pedals for safety. Here's a few pictures of mine. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
You might get lucky with skateboard grip tape. You can get a 33 inch roll off ebay for about $7, or you might be able to get some scraps at a skateboard shop for free.

Anti slip tape is cheaper per foot but tends to come in huge rolls that you'll never be able to use up

You might get lucky with skateboard grip tape. You can get a 33 inch roll off ebay for about $7, or you might be able to get some scraps at a skateboard shop for free.

Anti slip tape is cheaper per foot but tends to come in huge rolls that you'll never be able to use up

exactly what i was thinking but then a better thought struck me...

NEW PEDALS ;)

some of those bmx pedals have real TEETH on them...my shins know all too well :giggle: anyways, get something decent rather than plastic junk ;)

Back