Slipping hub mounted sprocket

Yes, never underestimate the power of an aluminum can
This reminds me of a story
I was way out in the middle of no where and this was before cell phones were invented
I threw a drive shaft off my truck and lost all the needle bearings out of the universal joint cups.
I used strips of an aluminum can in the U joint cups to take the place of the needle bearings, this allowed me to crawl out of the boonies. The aluminum can strips lasted long enough for me to drive at 35 mph for the next 45 miles to get back home.

I felt like Macgyver :ROFLMAO:
Yea sometimes ya gotta think outside the box. Like the time I was riding around a salt lake and my dirt bike motor siezed, oil tank fell off many miles from home. After pushing bike a quarter mile I saw a can on the ground 🤯 tried kicker, engin cool and piston free. Cut top off can cleaned out sand and poured some crank case oil in the can, poured in gas tank. Shakened not stirred. Fired the motor and back till I found my oil tank before riding home. 😎

Yes, never underestimate the power of an aluminum can
This reminds me of a story
I was way out in the middle of no where and this was before cell phones were invented
I threw a drive shaft off my truck and lost all the needle bearings out of the universal joint cups.
I used strips of an aluminum can in the U joint cups to take the place of the needle bearings, this allowed me to crawl out of the boonies. The aluminum can strips lasted long enough for me to drive at 35 mph for the next 45 miles to get back home.

I felt like Macgyver :ROFLMAO:
I felt like Red Green

Here's a battery story for ya

I was in Hawaii on the beach for a few days camping fishing ect... This beach is way out 14 miles from anywhere
Anyways when I was ready to leave I went to start my truck No Start my battery was dead. What to do?
I had an Idea, I added salt water to my battery and set it in the sunshine for an hour, Put the battery back in my truck and it started.
Adding salt water was enough to tip the chemical balance in the electrolyte to start my truck.
I used the sunshine as a solar heater, I figured I better try to heat it up to accelerate the chemical reaction as I would only have one shot at starting my truck, I'm not sure if the sunshine had anything to do with my truck starting but I like to think it does.

It made me feel like Macgyver :ROFLMAO:

Once upon a time I was driving a 40 foot city bus cross country. After overnite in Des Moines, Iowa in January motor wont turn over even with a boost. Bought a table top grill & match light charcoal, slid under the motor and put up cardboard windwalls. 1 hour later my diesel was done and she boosted right off.

Sometimes you have to think outside of the box. It amazes me when very smart people (book learned) can't figure out simple solutions, I see this all the time at work.

Back