slow this year

crassius

Local time
4:38 PM
Got really little repair business this year - seems a lot of disinterest in MBs in general. Is it like this all over, or just in my area?

Got really little repair business this year - seems a lot of disinterest in MBs in general. Is it like this all over, or just in my area?
How slow has the weather been? I think so far since the official day of spring we've had like a week's worth of beautiful weather, a small handful of good and good enough weather, while the remaining 2 months has been windy, cold, or raining, or all 3.. Not that I don't like that but most people don't, haven't even seen much motorcycle activity either. If I had a bike in need of repair (my own for example) or had a motorcycle needing inspection I'd be liable to put it off until the real street weather started showing up more often..

It's just starting to pick up here. Our weather has been nice for some time now. Hope it continues.

yeah, lot of reasonably good looking 2-strokes on CL in the $150 - $200 range with claims to run good - electrics have about 20 times as many ads in the $1500 - $4500 range - not sure if either are selling

yeah, lot of reasonably good looking 2-strokes on CL in the $150 - $200 range with claims to run good - electrics have about 20 times as many ads in the $1500 - $4500 range - not sure if either are selling
The good thing about the cheap used bikes on CL is even though they might edge me out of a sell on a new bike they usually wind up here for parts and repairs. The bad is they are usually trashed, gummed up, gunky oily pieces of crap on their last leg and a pain in the ass to work on.
I hate having to tell people, well your gona need a new top end and a rear wheel. Your brakes are shot the tank has a small leak and the float needle isn't seating. By the time you put all you need into it your still stuck with this old piece of crap bike when you could have spent a extra 100 to 150 and had everything brand new.

that used to happen a lot, but now, these seem to be good looking and clean - seems some folks don't want to deal with mixing fuel & maintenance any more

We had our slowest winter EVER. That's long forgotten. End of May and June so far are just nutzo crazy. Weather and lower oil prices, mostly.

seems like everything is slow. around here work is just dead slow working on cars and trucks. Seems like people are not spending money on stuff like they used to around here.

I had a bike up for 4 months for sale got a few messages about it but no actual viewings , seems noone is buying them here anymore.

Back