slow to accelerate/bogging out/unlocking speed I know is there

Me, I wouldn't bother with the HP carb. I would run the NT or a Bofeng carb, or skip the HP carb and go to a VM18 or PZ19.
Okay thanks. Problem with the NT is that it couldn’t screw on tight enough without slipping around but it could just be that carb in particular. Any other thoughts on the acceleration issue?

shoot a picture of your bike and engine.
36C97C5D-117E-43B6-B1B4-A27A075A4C83.jpeg

Attachments

• 262FA0A4-4D18-40FB-B1E2-E95BEAD5E42D.jpeg
    262FA0A4-4D18-40FB-B1E2-E95BEAD5E42D.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 80
  • E47ACB0C-B78A-4CB6-976E-E33E018EB850.jpeg
    E47ACB0C-B78A-4CB6-976E-E33E018EB850.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 90
Okay thanks. Problem with the NT is that it couldn’t screw on tight enough without slipping around but it could just be that carb in particular. Any other thoughts on the acceleration issue?
Order this one then...The JRL BoFeng is an upgrade from a basic NT...It is what I run and actually comes stock with all of the Phantom 85 motors.

It's only $11.99 from Amazon...If ya have Prime, it's free shipping...lol.

DSCN0227.JPG

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Put the NT back on but first get a 11/16 inch O ring from a hardware store, The o ring goes in the throat carburetor an rest against the back wall. Then buy a bolt and nut that fits the carb clamping mount. A bolt head or a allen head no phillip head. Slide the carb on with oring in a push all the way on and tighten tite. I'm trying to get you a good seal were you have no air leaks. Theses engines are easy when there's no air leaks.

Put the NT back on but first get a 11/16 inch O ring from a hardware store, The o ring goes in the throat carburetor an rest against the back wall. Then buy a bolt and nut that fits the carb clamping mount. A bolt head or a allen head no phillip head. Slide the carb on with oring in a push all the way on and tighten tite. I'm trying to get you a good seal were you have no air leaks. Theses engines are easy when there's no air leaks.
YEP...lol...That O ring also comes with the BoFengs to begin with...It has to be the Viton O rings since they are gas and oil proof, not just any old O ring unless you like that soft gooey mess that will make over time...lol...The JRL also has an emulsifier tube that is lacking in the NT carby...Throttle is responsive throughout all throttle ranges, no hesitiation and purrs like a kitten at idle...lol.

The bolt and nut clamping is also much more heavy duty as well as the protruding tabs on intake where it clamps own...The whole thing is much more heavy duty than the NT.

It's gonna cost more to buy all those things for the basic NT than to just buy the JRL Bofeng at $11.99...lol.

Back