Slowly but surely . . .

This project is taking a while (cash flow).

20180916_104851.jpg

Okay thanks for the replies. If my jury rig fails (gorilla glued the cup) then I will order the right size.
Reading this AFTER the gluing (face palm).

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Glad to see some progress on this bike!

I was going to run the same frame, but ended up going semi-custom and modifying a steel cruiser for my build. Doesn't look as nice though!

Should’ve put a modded 420 on lol. Or a modded 301. I understand though they’re more expensive. I got a 212 for my mini chopper project too. I imagine a modded 301 and ducking will produce a rocket. If you don’t mind where did you get this frame/wheels.

Should’ve put a modded 420 on lol. Or a modded 301. I understand though they’re more expensive. I got a 212 for my mini chopper project too. I imagine a modded 301 and ducking will produce a rocket. If you don’t mind where did you get this frame/wheels.
420s are sick but they are crazy wide so you would basically have to completely remove the pedals so its no longer an MB(and be disqualified from any races or records), move the bottom bracket and use a crazy multi-chain setup to route the chain around it(which is cool cuz you can have super comfortable feet forward geometry but complicated and expensive), or if its a stretch frame run the motor way far forward with the pedals fully behind the motor which will be uncomfortable since your feet will basically be under you and your weight distribution would be effected with the motor that far up front. All methods are possible, but not ideal IMO.

On my 305 Briggs (which actually seems slightly smaller than the 301 Predator) I moved the engine forward about 1" more than I initially wanted to make room for the cranks so I can still have functioning pedals that aren't useless little 2" nub cranks. On the positive side, it will let me pull the valve cover without removing the motor now which is nice, and also gives more room for a good size gusset between the seat post and top tube.

I'm sure it will look great when it's done.
If you get a chance, can you measure the axle-to-axle wheelbase?

The Seattle looks a bit shorter than the standard stretch Mustang but also looks sooooooo much better.

420s are sick but they are crazy wide so you would basically have to completely remove the pedals so its no longer an MB(and be disqualified from any races or records), move the bottom bracket and use a crazy multi-chain setup to route the chain around it(which is cool cuz you can have super comfortable feet forward geometry but complicated and expensive), or if its a stretch frame run the motor way far forward with the pedals fully behind the motor which will be uncomfortable since your feet will basically be under you and your weight distribution would be effected with the motor that far up front. All methods are possible, but not ideal IMO.

On my 305 Briggs (which actually seems slightly smaller than the 301 Predator) I moved the engine forward about 1" more than I initially wanted to make room for the cranks so I can still have functioning pedals that aren't useless little 2" nub cranks. On the positive side, it will let me pull the valve cover without removing the motor now which is nice, and also gives more room for a good size gusset between the seat post and top tube.

Mine will have the pedals deleted.

Back