Slowly but surely . . .

This project is taking a while (cash flow).

20180916_104851.jpg

Also need a stonger kickstand. The back plate is too weak and bends allowing the kickstand to go further to the left and letting the bike tilt too far and fall over. Thinking of buying an actual motorcycle kickstand to weld on.
Same issue here with kickstands.

Looking at whizzer and small motorcycle ones to weld on, I will keep an eye on this thread in case you find something good!

Hey, it's a year later to the day since you started this thread!

If Crow Cycles was still around, I'd recommend one of their center stands, but they seem to have disappeared. I have one on my 4-stroke bike and it's been great. The side-stand you posted looks pretty classy, I bet it'll look good on your bike. Shouldn't be too hard to rig up a clamp to mount it.

Hey, it's a year later to the day since you started this thread!

If Crow Cycles was still around, I'd recommend one of their center stands, but they seem to have disappeared. I have one on my 4-stroke bike and it's been great. The side-stand you posted looks pretty classy, I bet it'll look good on your bike. Shouldn't be too hard to rig up a clamp to mount it.

Yeah, I've had some setbacks on this project. I hope to be working on it more.
I think I can weld the mount for that kickstand up pretty decently so we'll see what happens.
Going to also order a pair of Origin8 SuperCell Street Fat Tires for it this payday and lift the motor up and over a bit to align the sprockets.

Just chunking it out payday to payday.

Yeah, I've had some setbacks on this project. I hope to be working on it more.
I think I can weld the mount for that kickstand up pretty decently so we'll see what happens.
Going to also order a pair of Origin8 SuperCell Street Fat Tires for it this payday and lift the motor up and over a bit to align the sprockets.

Just chunking it out payday to payday.
I know the feeling man, I'm still working on mine too and its been almost 10 months! Hoping to have it ready for initial test runs by the end of this month, but will still have to tear it down for paint, add lights, figure out a charging system, and start the performance mods so I probably won't be totally finished for at least a year from the start date as well.

I know the feeling man, I'm still working on mine too and its been almost 10 months! Hoping to have it ready for initial test runs by the end of this month, but will still have to tear it down for paint, add lights, figure out a charging system, and start the performance mods so I probably won't be totally finished for at least a year from the start date as well.

Right on.

You might check out a Kobota alternator. They are very small but recharge the battery for a 3 cylinder diesel zero turn mower. We use these at my work. I was thinking of ordering one myself to put on my build.

So I had to delete the cassette hub from the back wheel and turn it into a free wheel just like the front wheel.
Had to have the inner hub on one side drilled for one of the bearings. Now I just have to figure out how to keep
the nuts tightened down against the bearings without them loosening up while the wheel is turning. A washer that
is the same width as the part that turns inside the bearing race is the only thing I can think of to keep it tight and not
rub against the outside of the bearing. Yep, more issues . . . . . .

Attachments

• 20191017_191141.jpg
    20191017_191141.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 20191017_191220.jpg
    20191017_191220.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 230
Figured out my issue with the rear axle. Going to need spacers between the back of the dropouts and the hub nut.

Attachments

• 20191020_152226.jpg
    20191020_152226.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 162
Back