Sluggish performance troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
32:1 is a safe mix. I run 36:1 and ride it hard. I have about 2500kms on my bike now and hit 83kmh on today's ride.
Screenshot_20190828-202556_TripMaster Speedometer.jpg

Attachments

• Rear fender side view.jpg
    Rear fender side view.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 104
There are owners who swear by 40:1 with decent oil, but since these engine have frequent problems with the plating on the cylinders failing, I like to hedge my chances of keeping the engine alive by running 33:1.

The 16:1 and 20:1 recommendation come from China where the available oil quality is very low so they recommend insane amounts of oil. It's generally accepted that 30:1 dino oil is good for break in (the first tank/half gallon) and 40:1 full synthetic from then on. Personally I've moved back down to 30:1 from 40:1 as I've damaged my cylinder quite badly (piston ring caught on the transfer at 7k) and am trying to get the chrome to last as long as I can since it's flaking pretty bad. Running more oil than 30:1 can cause carbon buildup issues and can do more harm than good.

32:1 is a safe mix. I run 36:1 and ride it hard. I have about 2500kms on my bike now and hit 83kmh on today's ride.View attachment 90018
Your bike looks sick!!
I ended up going with 32:1 to your recommendation, honestly I feel like my bike is running better than ever right now!
I wanna play around with the C clip, but at the same time want to leave it alone because of how well it's running now.

I wanted to work on my bike yesterday was in a miserable mood after my headlight got stolen, someone yanked it off while I was at the supermarket. I actually saw them leave when I got there, didn't think much of the 2 really weird people in a early 2000 black suburban as I just quickly looked at my bike that was still there. Until I got close to it and realised what just happened after finding mystery new wires hanging in the front. Talked to a cop that I wish drove by a 2 minutes earlier or I got out 5 minutes earlier, going through court trials for 20 dollar headlight seems silly, don't really have the time to waste for that

There are owners who swear by 40:1 with decent oil, but since these engine have frequent problems with the plating on the cylinders failing, I like to hedge my chances of keeping the engine alive by running 33:1.
I got it on 32 to 1 on synthetic, barely any smoke when I wait for it to warm up as well

Your bike looks sick!!
I ended up going with 32:1 to your recommendation, honestly I feel like my bike is running better than ever right now!
I wanna play around with the C clip, but at the same time want to leave it alone because of how well it's running now.

I wanted to work on my bike yesterday was in a miserable mood after my headlight got stolen, someone yanked it off while I was at the supermarket. I actually saw them leave when I got there, didn't think much of the 2 really weird people in a early 2000 black suburban as I just quickly looked at my bike that was still there. Until I got close to it and realised what just happened after finding mystery new wires hanging in the front. Talked to a cop that I wish drove by a 2 minutes earlier or I got out 5 minutes earlier, going through court trials for 20 dollar headlight seems silly, don't really have the time to waste for that
Thanks. Ya your bike is running on more gas than oil now so you will notice an improvement in power. You may have to adjust your carb to dial it in a bit more.
That sucks about your light, effing thieves are everywhere.

F*cking damn it man. Shouldn't the supermarket have video of the guys and the plate on the SUV? If you could get there damn address I'd go take there truck headlights and maybe a couple of thier front teeth.

After finally figuring out what WOT means, wide open throttle. I realised the issue I have is at WOT, just placed an order for 60-65-70-75-80 jet set and see how it goes.
During that time, will mess around with C clips as well, for now will leave the bike as it is and head to Canadian tire to pick up my new headlight. Also placed an order of a motion detection siren padlock from aliexpress. Those rim brakes siren locks are nice as well, but I already have 2 locks and don't want to add a 3rd (Plus I know at some point I will forget to remove it and completely warp my rotor).

Thanks for everyone for helping me out, learned a bunch about random little things about the carb and fuel.

I had an air filter like that I just took it off runs much bitter. If a needle jams I'll just use some carb cleaner spray.
It's not worth the agony every time you mix a gallon I had to take the filter off wash it in gas oil blow back so bad I could not see through wash off grime in a clear plastic bottle.
Your plug looks just a little lean some gray in it you might try dropping it a notch and try running your bike no filter.

After finally figuring out what WOT means, wide open throttle. I realised the issue I have is at WOT, just placed an order for 60-65-70-75-80 jet set and see how it goes.
During that time, will mess around with C clips as well, for now will leave the bike as it is and head to Canadian tire to pick up my new headlight. Also placed an order of a motion detection siren padlock from aliexpress. Those rim brakes siren locks are nice as well, but I already have 2 locks and don't want to add a 3rd (Plus I know at some point I will forget to remove it and completely warp my rotor).

Thanks for everyone for helping me out, learned a bunch about random little things about the carb and fuel.
The best part about messing with the c-clip is if it runs worse, it's super quick to move it back. No need to feel any qualms about messing with it, now jetting can be a pain because of the 4 screws and I can see wanting to avoid messing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back