Small bevel gear

mrbg

Local time
7:13 AM
Anyone had this happen? On my way to dentist bike locked up when I came to a stop there's a hole in my case with a mangled gear half out of case. I haven't had a chance to look, motor is almost new. At least I was able to pedal to dentist

Sounds like the bolt came loose. Depending on the damage you will need a new bolt and maybe a gear and woodruff key. Loctite will be your friend when you reassemble
Ya I hope the screw didn't shear off, I've got 2 old motors on the side of the house. We'll see

Well on the bright side since your going to have it apart. May as well adjust and service the clutch and check or replace the seal on that side

Anyone had this happen? On my way to dentist bike locked up when I came to a stop there's a hole in my case with a mangled gear half out of case. I haven't had a chance to look, motor is almost new. At least I was able to pedal to dentist
I have had it happen on one of my bikes, and have seen it on several bikes coming in for repairs. Not uncommon.

Anyone running the 49cc 2 stroke? Aren't they basically the same lower end as the 66cc, just curious I guess I check out threads here or look on YouTube.

I have had it happen on one of my bikes, and have seen it on several bikes coming in for repairs. Not uncommon.
I pulled the case off bevel screw is toast,gears are ok. I decided to see if it would fire up before wasting my time on it. Got it started but bit louder than before I haven't looked any closer to see if the bolt is broke in crank end. Still deciding on what to do repair or buy another motor.

Back