Small Clutch Gear Is Shredded | Nightmare Refuses To Be Tamed

Hold your clutch lever in & see if that plate wiggles back & forth, I believe it should a little. The other thing is you might not have enough ride time to seat the clutch pads.
It does wiggle some. The thing I'm noticing is that it doesn't seem like it's pushing evenly all around that plate. It seems to push more on one side than the other. I'm finding the small gear for sale online but not the big one. Where can I buy them both? I'd rather replace them both. That small gear probably damaged the larger one, even if only slightly. I'd rather not let the slightly damaged larger one slowly destroy a new small gear. I'll also need to buy that tool.

It does wiggle some. The thing I'm noticing is that it doesn't seem like it's pushing evenly all around that plate. It seems to push more on one side than the other. I'm finding the small gear for sale online but not the big one. Where can I buy them both? I'd rather replace them both. That small gear probably damaged the larger one, even if only slightly. I'd rather not let the slightly damaged larger one slowly destroy a new small gear. I'll also need to buy that tool.
And what about those fancy clutches some guys are making... with the 300lb springs. Are they worth the money?

If I had the money I would buy 1 for show more than anything. I dont know if 1 of these CG engines can overcome a stock clutch or not=slip the clutch. I'm sure you might need a RDM clutch set up on a minarelli hybrid, but there a whole different animal. Theres other companies that make aftermarket clutch setups out there I'm sure.

This is on amazon for $26 bucks. I know you dont need alls these parts, but having spares dont hurt, ebay was cheaper, but It didnt include the removal tool.
51CK2nAh5oL._AC_SY580_.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That I cant tell you, these china parts are so hit & miss. I do know if going aftermarket on clutch set up, RDM is probably 1 of the best, but there like $200 on up for just a clutch setup.

Back