Small engines with a focus on improved fuel economy and emissions?

87Octane

Local time
10:52 PM
Here is one I found.

Screenshot-at-2021-03-01-15-05-11.png

It is a 2 stroke from Husqvarna called X-torq that uses a duct with a cut out across the piston to bring in an air column separately from the air/gas/oil mixture. This air column is then used to push out the exhaust.

The claim is no unburnt fuel in the exhaust and 20% better fuel economy with 60% lower emissions.

Nice to see this happen because these types of innovations are a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Here is one I found.

Screenshot-at-2021-03-01-15-05-11.png

It is a 2 stroke from Husqvarna called X-torq that uses a duct with a cut out across the piston to bring in an air column separately from the air/gas/oil mixture. This air column is then used to push out the exhaust.

The claim is no unburnt fuel in the exhaust and 20% better fuel economy with 60% lower emissions.

Nice to see this happen because these types of innovations are a step in the right direction.

All this is good but offers very little in fuel economy without a veritable ratio drive system.

It sounds like the same old pass the California emissions bulls**t run around. "If i force enough unburnt air through the exhaust, it will pass the test". Stupid and should be illegal. If they just worked on more power, it would increase efficiency just because you'd be less on the throttle at all times.

It sounds like the same old pass the California emissions bulls**t run around. "If i force enough unburnt air through the exhaust, it will pass the test". Stupid and should be illegal. If they just worked on more power, it would increase efficiency just because you'd be less on the throttle at all times.
That is not the purpose of using fresh air.

The use of fresh air allows them to put the exhaust port lower in the cylinder and thus not only waste less fuel but make more power with the fuel that is given. (e.g. the 50.2cc version makes 3.2 hp)

If they just worked on more power, it would increase efficiency just because you'd be less on the throttle at all times.
Speak for yourself, more power means more grins. I'm full throttle almost all the time because speed limits are for people scared of dying. I don't aim for pedestrians and I might leave a lil rubber and blood if I go splat somewhere instead of destroying everything in my path.
Edit: My cali regulated speed limit is 30 mph, but my side roads are 35 and the blvds are 40-50 mph, for cars. Still stuck at 30 mph legally on a 50 mph road. Not safe, so I obey the law as I see safe.

Last edited:
Husqvarna X Torque 440 is 40cc and $300
X Torque 372 is 70cc and $960

I found that Husqvarna also owns Poulan and Jonsered which have some engines called Oxypower and Clean power which might have the same engine?

Edit: According to this thread 50.2cc x-torq has the same design as 50.2cc Oxypower--> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3657093-Poulan-pro-50cc-engine-conversion )

Here is a 50.2cc Oxypower Poulan Pro chainsaw for $199.99 ---> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Poulan-Pro-20-inch-50cc-Two-Cycle-Gas-Engine-Chainsaw/55443481

Since Poulan is owned by Husqvarna, the two brands often share technologies. In recent years Poulan has offered a more upscale "Poulan Pro" brand employing a black and gold color scheme instead of Poulan's traditional green. As a result, Poulan products have been pushed even further upmarket.[1]

Along with Poulan, Jonsered and Husqvarna brand products, Husqvarna also provides lawn mowers, lawn tractors, and other yard equipment to Sears that are sold under Sears' Craftsman house brand name. Most mid-level Craftsman products in the power equipment segment are slightly altered Poulan products.[citation needed] Craftsman products made by Poulan have a "358" model prefix. Prior products made by Paramount, which was eventually purchased by Poulan, had a "257" model prefix.

Last edited:

Just fill out section 2 (answer yes to all 4 questions) and send in your one time fee of $21 That's it, your M/B is registered for life in Ca.

You'll notice Ca. don't ask what engine, bicycle, make or model, serial #. Just your name address and D/L #
They will send you a M/B sticker with their Registration # on it. That you stick on your bike.

Last edited:
Speak for yourself, more power means more grins. I'm full throttle almost all the time because speed limits are for people scared of dying. I don't aim for pedestrians and I might leave a lil rubber and blood if I go splat somewhere instead of destroying everything in my path.
Edit: My cali regulated speed limit is 30 mph, but my side roads are 35 and the blvds are 40-50 mph, for cars. Still stuck at 30 mph legally on a 50 mph road. Not safe, so I obey the law as I see safe.
I never really understood laws for motoredbikes... From a physics perspective they dont make sense...

In a collision, its the momentum that matters... m1v1 = m2v2...

A motored bike of (50kg + 100kg rider) = 150kg x 130m/s = 19,500 Newtons /s
A car of (1900kg + 100kg rider) = 2000kg x 10m/s = 20,000 Newtons /s

Roughly, both vehicles have the same momentum. A car traveling at 10m/s is 22mph AND a motoredbike at 130m/s or 290mph.

So if a motoredbike traveling 290mph collided face on to a car traveling 22mph, the momentum would cancel out perfectly. This is similar to rolling a bowling ball (car) face on with a pool billard traveling 20x its speed. When they both meet, they cancel and stop moving.

If anything, it should be that motored bikes should be allowed to do unlimited speed. They are of no danger to really anyone... Just like there is no speed limit on running, virtually, some people can run at 30mph, i think world record?? Maybe 40mph down hill on a steep incline?
There are a few caveats to this, of course, other things besides momentum law makers may worry about such as stopping distance which is ~ v^2, but still....

Back