Carby Small screw with spring on side of carb

M

Mister R

Got my bike fired up for the first time today. Runs great, but the little screw on the left side of the carb (the one with the spring) vibrated out and is gone forever. It still runs good, but I know it serves a function and should be replaced. This is the idle adjuster, right? Does anyone know the screw size and thread size that fits so I can just hop on into the hardware store and go straight for what I need? Thanks!

I don't know the screw size, maybe that'sdax will chime in here...

I would, however, plug the hole with something temporary at least so you aren't running the engine sucking air in through the screw hole.

yeah...thats the idle screw. I'm not sure what mm. bolt , but it's the same size as the two that hold the float bowl.
here's a pick of what your missing bolt looks like. ..the black one

59_100_1354_1.jpg

If you just get a bolt to plug the hole, you can still adjust your idle speed where the throttle cable enters the carb.

anybody else noticing how completely cool srdavo's tech/mech posts are?

your contribution to MBc is greatly appreciated 8)

that's why he's SIR Davo haha :p :p

I am old school and don't give or take respect lightly (and I still hate being called Mr.! )

Amen my motoring bruthas. Sir Davo is most definitely an asset to the community. Also, gotta give some kudos to Bird and Tom as their installation instructions made things alot easier for me.

ABOUT CARB SCREW

Do not run your motor with this screw missing. It will cause a lean condition and burn your motor up.. Go to thatsdax.com and get a new screw with spring. Thanks..Enjoy the ride..

thanks, guys, for the kind words.

and a special thanks to dax for having the parts.......
and getting us back on topic! :LOL: :p

If I found the proper thread size wouldn't a regular screw work? I know that it looks tapered at one end, but isn't the whole idea to keep the air out? Or would that keep too much air out and make it run too rich? Why is it smaller at the end? I'm new to all of this so please be patient with me. I guess I just don't want to spend $4.95 on another screw and wait a week for it to arrive only to have it vibrate out and be lost down a city sewer somewhere if I can just buy a handful from the hardware store. Thanks!

Mr R
Thats weird, most carbs on other machines won't run at all with out the mix screw. It is a taper because it enters the jet hole to allow for lean or rich mixture.
Hope you find one.

Back