Smaller roller for Bikeberry kit?

Mudflap

Local time
11:06 AM
The roller supplied with the Bikeberry kit is about 40mm (1.58") which will probably be too big for the 38cc engine climbing hills. A 1" roller would be better for my intended use. Before I take a grinding wheel to it I'm wondering if anyone makes a smaller one?

The Bikeberry uses a 15mm keyed shaft and 6202 bearings (15mm ID). Looks like all those are 5/8" where they ride in the bearings.

Got the Bikeberry 38cc kit installed and tested. Definitely some issues with the kit that would make it a challenge for a non mechanic to install successfully. The roller is too big for anything but flat ground with no headwind. Tomorrow I'll see what I can rig up to grind it down to 1".

I managed to grind the roller down to 1" by clamping the engine support to the workbench and going at it with a 4.5" angle grinder. Wasn't difficult. Will test it tomorrow.

I managed to grind the roller down to 1" by clamping the engine support to the workbench and going at it with a 4.5" angle grinder. Wasn't difficult. Will test it tomorrow.
Did you just run the motor and move the grinder back and forth?

No, removed the engine and used the grinder to spin the roller. I could control the speed by grinding at an angle.

Back