Smoked my Spark Plug Cable...

I don't know what you mean. I know what warpage is. I don't know what you mean by getting "it" apart.
He might be referring to any unseen internal motor damage caused by massive heat expansion and stress on the aluminum casing vs internal parts.

The piston and cylinder walls look clean. The bike runs strong and idles. I think it was just my plug got hot and the heat radiated through the exhaust and baked my exhaust pipe. I am confident that if my threads aren't stripped my engine is fine. My inner nerd came out, sorry.

Comparing the E3-10 to the NGK8, the E3 has super short porcelain. It is one of those short and stubby spark plugs. I was ignorant as to what type of plug I should use.

I ain't messing with things this weekend guys. I put that NGK plug in and the boot wouldn't fit. Put the E3 back in and rode it to the store and back. Bike acts like nothing is wrong and it is trying to figure out why I am freakin...

Well... just got this bike running again. It was down due to a drunk handyman knocking my bike over and me not noticing it threw my chain tensioner out of whack. Broken chain next ride. Then... I had been driving a company truck so it wasn't urgent for me to fix. Using the BRH8HS spark plug and a new plug cable. Got to work 15.5 miles at an average of 30 mph. Nice ride!

So I just got done with a 15 mile wide open throttle the whole way ride... I stopped and my spark plug boot was smoking. The red it used to be turned grey! I went to take a pic and realized I left my phone at work. Gonna be a 60 mile day boys! BRB
I guess I shouldn't stress out on opening `er up for 30 second intervals then?

Back