Smolik minarelli hybrid motorized bicycle kit.

Yes.. this crank is supposed to be matched to the 47mm kits.
My kit is one of the popular kits so I made the mistake of just installing the crank. I don’t know if I’m heavy or light but I can’t take the engine past 40 mph the way it is now.
It’s been sitting on the bench for months.
Rdm cranks are not balanced to the factor he claims, that's impossible to have 50% or higher BF with only three holes added, and the minarelli piston complete is a hell of alot heavier than a china girls so who knows what they are trying to pull!

That means you would have 65 grams hung and statically balance with only three holes added LOL not happening!
Arrow unfortunately is even worse with a single hole added and un-trued for $100 ? WOW.

Ethan at Smolick is the same claiming 55% BF with only three holes added, I showed him a CG piston complete and total reciprocating mass average at 130 grams FNT Puck jumped in and showed a minarelli piston complete minus the bearing at 130 alone that's not counting the small end and trying to back up Ethan with it's lighter than a CG so I posted a CG 47mm piston complete (with the bearing, lol) it was 105.5 grams and that was the end of that!

So yeah if our doing true performance build save your money buy the tools to do the job as many times as you need you be glad you did because it's really not that hard!

The crank I’m referring to is not the typical China crank with 3 holes.
It comes with 4 and a different layout than a China crank.
It has bolt on plates that can accommodate add on balancing weights.

My mistake was not doing the math and work on the balance stand. I just put it in and ran it.

Attachments

• IMG_5889.jpg
    IMG_5889.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5887.jpg
    IMG_5887.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5888.jpg
    IMG_5888.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 47
The crank I’m referring to is not the typical China crank with 3 holes.
It comes with 4 and a different layout than a China crank.
It has bolt on plates that can accommodate add on balancing weights.

My mistake was not doing the math and work on the balance stand. I just put it in and ran it.
Yes that one is a bit better but still requires the added weight at the bottom to keep the rotational mass where it needs be and that changes BF and the amount of hung weight that will statically balance, how much weight were you able to hang and achieve the static balance?

Yes that one is a bit better but still requires the added weight at the bottom to keep the rotational mass where it needs be and that changes BF and the amount of hung weight that will statically balance, how much weight were you able to hang and achieve the static balance?
I haven’t done anything to it yet. I just installed it and ran it because I was told it was pre-balanced for the kit 47mm/40 stroke.
I know.. I should have done the work BEFORE hand but got lazy.

I don’t know what this new crank weighs in relation to a China crank, not that it matters… and do not know what it takes to static balance.

I need to pull it out and do it. It’s been sitting on my bench for months.

I had been at it building steady for over a year and kind of got burned out. Needed a break.

Your advice and video has served me well balancing the China cranks. I don’t why I figured this crank to be any different.

Back