Smolik minarelli hybrid motorized bicycle kit.

Bizal

Got a small window to work on the Minarelli. First thing I did was Helicoil the stud holes to 5/16-18. I think it a wise thing.
I assembled the spacer, cylinder, and head and torqued t 144”#. just to be sure, all good. Figured with the differential expansion of the iron cylinder/aluminum block, couldnt hurt. Now to port match and assemble
That was a good idea. Takes a little longer, but well worth it.

Bizal

I was wondering what rear hub do like for a power build like this? I bought magnesium mags from cdh, but after more research I think I made a mistake.

Cannonball3

Finished build. Not real inspiring to look at, but at least its done. I scored a cruiser bike from a church thrift store
For $20 to get the frame for this build. Think it will be easier to try to get the jog pipe into a cruiser. Wont begin work on it until well after the move on the 29th.

Attachments

• B99A4BFC-D785-4D49-B06E-7ABE9DD081EA.jpeg
    B99A4BFC-D785-4D49-B06E-7ABE9DD081EA.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 13

Bizal

Finished build. Not real inspiring to look at, but at least its done. I scored a cruiser bike from a church thrift store
For $20 to get the frame for this build. Think it will be easier to try to get the jog pipe into a cruiser. Wont begin work on it until well after the move on the 29th.
Looks good. I can't wait to see more. Keep us posted
What's the best spark plug to run with those heads? I have to order one.

Karl Snarl

cr80 pipe may work better, and it will fit with minimal fabing. Mainly just need the flange and a piece to hook to where the pipe is held. Fits real good on a cruiser. I bought one. Just haven't made it up yet, need to make a flange for it.

Street Ryderz

I'd use the jog pipe, it's better suited to the minarelli's power range. The minarelli's port timing comes in around 6-7k and with the jog pipe setup right can have a 4k rpm powerband width as compared to a later hitting narrower power band with the dirt bike pipe (again if setup right) riding style would be a factor here in making the choice.