Smooth Ave in McAlester, Ok

Smooth Ave

Local time
1:05 PM
Hi, I have been stalking and building for a year and a half. I would like to thank you all for the wealth of information. With your help I have built three bikes. Have a Genesis 29er, a Mongoose Malus shifter, and my favorite a highly modded eBay trike. Just saying hi and thanks.

welcome! i almost got a genesis for my first bike, but cheaped out bcs i thought id only use it for 2 months so -> WM roadmaster 700c, ended up getting a China Girl kit for it, year later found this forum n now horribly addicted to this weird hobby,
enjoy to see your ride!

I am glad to be part of this forum. Wanna show off my 29er. I had problems with the chain tensioner. I devised an system using 3/4 inch pex pipe to carry the chain. Problem solved. IMG_20190412_165407286_HDR_resize_72.jpgIMG_20190412_165446853_HDR_resize_62.jpgIMG_20190412_165456244_HDR_resize_0.jpg
welcome! i almost got a genesis for my first bike, but cheaped out bcs i thought id only use it for 2 months so -> WM roadmaster 700c, ended up getting a China Girl kit for it, year later found this forum n now horribly addicted to this weird hobby,
enjoy to see your ride!

Welcome to the darkside! Great idea on the pvc pipe around the chain. Does it last from wear? How many miles using the current pvc pipe? Cool bike and build quality, also like the 200/300mi range tank setup.

Welcome to the darkside! Great idea on the pvc pipe around the chain. Does it last from wear? How many miles using the current pvc pipe? Cool bike and build quality, also like the 200/300mi range tank setup.
The pex is tough and low friction. I have put several hundred miles on it with little if any wear. The only draw back is keeping the chain tight. I have shimmed the rear motor mount and moved engine up to get proper tension. It has just solved all of my concern with chain. I use the rigid pex and cut and heat the ends to mount.

luv that chain guard haha. very enterprising!
Probably need to clarify this is pex rigid pipe and not pvc. Pex is more heat tolerant and lower friction than pvc. It certainly keeps the chain off the stays and delivers it precisely to the sprocket. We installed one on a friend's bike and he loves it also. I hope this makes a small contribution to our sport.

Back