Snake-Shape-Exhaust-Pipe-Muffler

Smt

Local time
12:56 AM
Found this on Ebay from Aussie company.
$40 shipped to states.
Thoughts on shape, design for high performance motor.
Ghetto rigged Hose clamp on seat tube would have to change...

• s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
Have one to sell? Sell now
Details about Snake Shape Exhaust Pipe

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I may give it a shot.
I have this pipe now. Works great but very loud.

s-l1600.jpg

I'm surprised you like that "snake shaped pipe". It has only a couple of inches of header pipe, and the expansion chamber is very short.
It looks like you already have a great pipe, you just need to add a muffler and some exhaust wrap (and a nice big air filter and box for your intake?)

I just ordered a Honda CT70 exhaust from ebay. I wanted it for the header, which is 25mm OD so possibly 22mm ID. It has a couple of bends, nearly 180° and about 80° so I am sure I can make something work. It needs a flange welding on, of course; and actually I may reverse the header to get the pipe fitting the way I want it- under the downtube.
CT70:
ct70k1pipe.jpg

I'm presuming the rear section is a muffler, not an expansion chamber, so I'll be using the header with either the Aprilia RS50 expansion chamber, or I'll save that for the next build and use the CT70 header with a homemade expansion chamber.
RS50:
_20180315_124711.JPG

I quite like the look of the Sachs one that's on eBay right now, if indeed it is an expansion chamber and not a muffler in the shape of an expansion chamber, lol! (You'll have to check with the seller)
Sachs:
$_35.jpeg

Search eBay for SACHS MOPED SCOOTER/MOTORIZED BIKE EXHAUST PIPE for more pictures of it. :)

Last edited:
I'm surprised you like that "snake shaped pipe". It has only a couple of inches of header pipe, and the expansion chamber is very short.
It looks like you already have a great pipe, you just need to add a muffler and some exhaust wrap (and a nice big air filter and box for your intake?)

I just ordered a Honda CT70 exhaust from ebay. I wanted it for the header, which is 25mm OD so possibly 22mm ID. It has a couple of bends, nearly 180° and about 80° so I am sure I can make something work. It needs a flange welding on, of course; and actually I may reverse the header to get the pipe fitting the way I want it- under the downtube.
CT70:
View attachment 81305

I'm presuming the rear section is a muffler, not an expansion chamber, so I'll be using the header with either the Aprilia RS50 expansion chamber, or I'll save that for the next build and use the CT70 header with a homemade expansion chamber.
RS50:
View attachment 81306

I quite like the look of the Sachs one that's on eBay right now, if indeed it is an expansion chamber and not a muffler in the shape of an expansion chamber, lol! (You'll have to check with the seller)
Sachs:
View attachment 81307

Search eBay for SACHS MOPED SCOOTER/MOTORIZED BIKE EXHAUST PIPE for more pictures of it. :)
I would turn it upside down, chop the header bit off but the new one would probably be as short, it looks cool to me at least.

Back