Snow bike idea

I put the front half of an old downhill ski on my front wheel. Started by experimenting with two, like a snowmobile, but the front crosspiece between them would act as a snowplow and get stuck immediately. Now my main problem is that the ski doesn't track well enough, so I can turn the handlebars without much steering response. This not only makes steering difficult, but also makes it almost impossible to balance. I've thought about adding something like a keel or a rib along the bottom of the ski, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can add photos as well once I get home.

You would need to lean really hard and carve to steer with downhill skis. You could try adding a wear rod to the bottom of it. We used to make them for our snowmobiles all the time.

A guy recently finished a tread and ski conversion motorized bike, works decent but the lack of TQ from the chinagirl is a turnoff - would be much better suited to a 79cc build with a centri clutch to prevent bogging and having to slip the clutch so much.

He had a video on youtube but i forgot his name.