Snow bike idea

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
4:23 PM
Just a thought 26 inch bike with suspension fork, 203mm disc brake, Schwalbe studded tires, mag wheels, 38 tooth sprocket, memory foam seat, 49cc 4 stroke engine, battery operated turn signals and brake light, mirror, some type of fenders that don’t snap at the mounts, straight pipe exhaust. For gear steel toe or wool lined boots, ski mask, a good coat and full face helmet, gloves. BS you can’t ride in the snow lol. Unsure wether an aluminum frame would go with the abrasiveness of road salt but it wouldn’t rust if paint was exposed. Also stainless fasteners wherever can be used. Thoughts?

Love it may spend money on it this summer if i can. I just finished a bike with an aluminum frame but i think if you had a snow bike you would be more in the ditch than on the road.

s-l1000.jpg

Yeah I figured 32 and 36 are out of the question but 38 might not be too bad for a higher commuting speed 40 tooth would be a second choice but there is additional material the tires have to carve through not just the road surface the snow, ice and salt. Never tried it though but the torque could be better with the more teeth I wouldn’t do anything too crazy like a 56 tooth though. It’s only a 49cc after all. 44 tooth might not be bad. A speed of mid to upper 30’s would be better than a top speed of low 20’s. It would take forever to get somewhere.

Last edited: