Snow Bike

This is it, the snowblower motor challenge build bike. It's a big bike and should fly when done.

Attachments

• snbike.jpg
    snbike.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 743
The little Mate has a reed in the crank case.
I have no idea on this one lol. As i dont want to pull anything apart if i dont have to (as it might make it giagantic pita) motor does run well. It pulls pretty hard for being that old and small

I had to take mine off, I couldn't see what the heck was going on there. It's an easy fix. Two nuts and a hose and it comes right off, no throttle connection to worry about.

I had to take mine off, I couldn't see what the heck was going on there. It's an easy fix. Two nuts and a hose and it comes right off, no throttle connection to worry about.
Yea mine has a weird ignition advance system where the timing controls the throttle (basicly the more i move the lever, the more advance the timing, and then the more the throttle opens)
It does work pretty good. But I need to figure out a trim up lock as the river is full of rocks at the landing

I pull the motor out of the shed and got it running again, she's a screemmer!

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 124
Ahhhhhhhh, that bike in OP has center pull brakes. A b**ch to adjust for me. I usually mess up the cable by grabbing it with whatever pliars.

Ahhhhhhhh, that bike in OP has center pull brakes. A b*tch to adjust for me. I usually mess up the cable by grabbing it with whatever pliers.
To adjust, you put grey clamp (duct tape) around wheel and brake pads to hold firm against the rim, pull the cable until tight and tighten screw. remove clamp and let the brakes settle back.

I made a pulley for my wheel, not sure how well it will work. Find out when I get it all evened out on the wheel.

Attachments

• pulley.jpg
    pulley.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 129
  • pulley1.jpg
    pulley1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 125
Really gave the little motor a run today, have to work on the high idle a bit. Plug doesn't look too bad tho, little dark.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 127
Seeing it's going to be a road traveler and not a snow pusher, I thought an air filter would be nice. Here's my farmer version of an air filter.

Attachments

• airf.jpg
    airf.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 118
Back