Snow busting!

Frogslayer

Just went for a cruise out to the city's treatment ponds and what a blast. The road is about a quarter drifted over and the drifts are hard. You can ride right over them! Was about 3 mile round trip and even with the sunshine and no wind I could still feel the 8 degree air coming through my hood and biting my ears. Any one else out bobbing around in the white stuff?

mark20

Just went for a cruise out to the city's treatment ponds and what a blast. The road is about a quarter drifted over and the drifts are hard. You can ride right over them! Was about 3 mile round trip and even with the sunshine and no wind I could still feel the 8 degree air coming through my hood and biting my ears. Any one else out bobbing around in the white stuff?
yup!
ive been testing mine out.
went on a 2 mile round trip adventure.
nice part about a 4 strokes
is theres no manuel clutch so you just gas and go!

Will'smotobikes19

Even if I wear glasses, gloves and a coat my face freezes. Ya 4 stroke auto clutch is way better. I can hit the gas out the driveway and pedal a little and it’s uphill but it goes. A single speed engine shouldn’t need a manual clutch anyways.

Frogslayer

No engine really "needs" a manual clutch. It's about complete control over engagement pressure and engine speed all the time. Not just a set up once and hopefully it's good for every single situation i may encounter.

Will'smotobikes19

If the clutch lever pin vibrates off lock it will stall the bike which is annoying. Have you ever tried to start going just using the clutch on a kit motor without pedaling? Chances are it just stalls.

mark20

If the clutch lever pin vibrates off lock it will stall the bike which is annoying. Have you ever tried to start going just using the clutch on a kit motor without pedaling? Chances are it just stalls.
thats what i used to do when i had the 2 stroke on it, going from stop light to stop light.
you just have to learn to slip the clutch.

Frogslayer

It depends on how you let it engage. With the 44 tooth sprocket it's not bad to start from a stop. I usually do give the pedals one or two spins with the "chevrolegs" just to help save wear in the clutch but pads are cheap and easy to replace so I'm probably easier on it than i really have to be.